Tone control to GGG reverb

Started by polifemo, December 08, 2009, 05:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polifemo

Not being a fan of "spring reverb", I'm not to crazy about this build...
If there was a way to add an internal trimmer/tone control for reducing high end of the reverb signal (that has a rather metallic edge to it  :icon_mad: ) the pedal hopefully might turn out to be more a bit more usable :icon_biggrin:

Schem:

PS Isn't the Wampler Faux reverb using the Belton brick as well? (Sounds better than this reverb IMHO)
That's the type of tonecontrol I'd like to add ! Ds

Boogdish

from the wet side of your mix pot add a capacitor, run a wire from that capacitor to a the middle lug of a potentiometer or trim pot, run one of the other lugs of that pot or trim pot to ground.  Try different values of capacitor to find where you like it cut off.

polifemo

Quote from: Boogdish on December 08, 2009, 06:44:03 PM
from the wet side of your mix pot add a capacitor, run a wire from that capacitor to a the middle lug of a potentiometer or trim pot, run one of the other lugs of that pot or trim pot to ground.  Try different values of capacitor to find where you like it cut off.

By "the wet side of your mix pot" , do you mean lug 3?

Boogdish

the side connecting to "reverb connector 1".  I'm not sure what "lug 3" means.

BTW this isn't a mod I've tested or anything, it's just a basic, universal tone circuit.

tackleberry

The BYOC reverb not much different than the GGG has a BMP style tone before the reverb mix pot.

polifemo

Quote from: tackleberry on December 08, 2009, 11:53:58 PM
The BYOC reverb not much different than the GGG has a BMP style tone before the reverb mix pot.

Thanks.
Seems like a much better reverb.