Author Topic: Anybody build their Gristleizer yet, comments on it?  (Read 104466 times)

Taylor

• Poster2
  • The clean energy source of the future.
Re: Anybody build their Gristleizer yet, comments on it?
« Reply #340 on: October 12, 2017, 10:00:07 PM »
BetterOffShred's suggestions sound good to me, but regarding your number 2, the "de-tick" cap on the board is connected to the LFO signal going to the FET transistor so that's different from power supply bypass caps.

I think it would be a good idea to put 100n caps from both the positive and negative power pins of the TL072 and TL074, going to ground. You want these caps to be as close as possible physically to the power pins, and with the leads trimmed as short as possible.

BetterOffShred

« Reply #341 on: October 12, 2017, 10:14:42 PM »
I tried a 470uf on 4 and 11, no dice.  I'm pretty happy with this the way it is, but I'll try the 100n's. I think the circuit is what it is, and I really enjoy it's overall sound. I've seen some layouts with everything split Into single opamp but reports are that they still tick here and there.

Get those wires as short as possible and shield the in and outs to/from everything, making sure to ground only one end of the shielded cable.

lulu_joe13

Got a oscilliscope
« Reply #342 on: November 16, 2017, 12:20:50 PM »
Taylor, perhaps this is a question beyond good support but if you have time can you answer or send me where there is some instruction. I just got an oscilloscope and want to use it to tune my Gristleizer. Where do I attach the test lead on the PCB to adjust the shape or is it on the leg of trim trim pot and ground? What about for the offset? Thanks as always for any help. JoeF.

Taylor

• Poster2
  • The clean energy source of the future.
« Reply #343 on: November 16, 2017, 12:37:02 PM »
For both, you can view the LFO waveform by probing at the center lug of the Depth pot.