THANK YOU TO EVERYONE HERE

Started by aron, December 22, 2009, 07:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

Thanks guys for frequenting and contributing to this forum. It's been quite a long run so far and hopefully it will go for a while more. Lets all appreciate everyone that comes here and helps. Thanks to The Tone God for helping moderate and thanks to the regulars some of which have been helping since forever.

Good luck will all of your builds, small and large and I hope everything has a great holiday season!!!!!!!!

Mark Hammer

Hearing the sense of contentment and hope in your tone, instead of frustration and resignation, already makes my holiday season great, fella!

Thanks for sticking it out, through thick and plenty of thin.

Thanks to the old farts for hanging in, and the long-timers who have stepped away for a bit and come back.  In the impersonal world of the internet, it's a special treat to see names you haven't seen for a while and feel like an old friend came into town to pay a visit.

And special thanks to the new folks who have stepped up to the plate and happily taken on the responsibility of keeping the culture alive.  I don't mean this with any sort of grumpy intent when I say that it is a comforting feeling to look at a thread started by a struggling newby and know that I don't have to lift a finger because I know those folks will receive all the help they need from the many who were newbies themselves only a year or two ago, or who have been doing it for ages, and smoothly merged with the flow of traffic here maybe only as recently as a few months ago.

And yes, many thanks to Andrew, the silent partner.

There are many paddles in the water to provide the forward motion, but the inevitable conclusion is: this boat floats, baby!

Best of the season!!

Mark

panterafanatic

Actually thank you. I've learned more about effects since joining your forum than I could have with another year of researching on my own.
-Jared

N.S.B.A. ~ Coming soon

Morocotopo

One day I thought "Let´s build a pedal!". Then I asked myself "How?" and started searching, and I arrived here. A couple of years later, I can call this place my school in this area of knowledge. And schools are about the teachers, and here are some of the most generous ones I´ve come across, virtual or otherwise. And, teachers need a place to teach. That´s what you provide, Aron, The means that make this possible!!

So, thanks to you and let´s keep on building and learning!
Morocotopo

thereverend

thanks for having this place around aron. this place has made me a bit smarter and helped me understand some stuff i would have never been able to wrap my head about before.
it's not a BURST BOX  it's a circuit box with burst button...

composition4

Don't have time right now for a long reply but my sincerest thanks to both Aron and all the members here - this is a great community and I'm proud to be part of it

Jonathan

Ry

Thanks, Aron.  I've been lurking around your forums for about 10 years now.  I can't imagine life without it.

Ripthorn

Thanks everyone.  I read Mark's comment and it reminded me of a moment I had on a forum a while ago.  Someone asked a question (don't remember what) and I knew the answer off the top of my head.  Funny thing is, it was something I learned here while struggling through one of my first builds.  The people here are awesome.
Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

mnordbye

Thanks to Aron who has brought us all together! And happy holidays!  :D
General tone addict
Deaf Audio at Facebook

Mugshot

i am what i am, so are you.

stm

frequencycentral

This place gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling! Thanks to everyone!  :-* xxxxxxx  :-*
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

JFX09

No, Thank YOU Aron :) I'd be nowhere near I am without your little haven.
Happiness is a effin' hot soldering iron

R.G.

... and thank you for running the place for so long. Good work.

May the holidays bring health and happiness to you and yours - to you Aron, and to the others here in our little corner of the net.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Renegadrian

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Paul Marossy

Thank you, Aron, for having this forum. I have learned quite a lot here over the years. I hope it keeps going another ten years!  :icon_razz:

gigimarga

Thank you Aron and Andrew for keeping alive this wonderful forum (and my interrest for DIYing, too...even my wife isn't so happy about this :)).
As a teacher, I am very impressed by how many wonderful volunteer teachers are here.
So, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for all these extraordinary people who had the patience to answer to all my questions (almost always stupid): Mark Hammer, R.G., frequencycentral, PRR, Taylor, Eb7+9, Gus, Rodgre, WGTP, Joe Davisson, petermoore, oldrocker, isildur100, liquids, ~arph and to anyone else that I forgot to mention here.

deadastronaut

nice one guys..this place is the BEST....BRILLIANT...........

MERRY XMAS TO all pedal dudes.....

p.s hope to get a new soldering iron for xmas..ha ha.....
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

mth5044

You deserve the thanks, Aron. So does anyone that comes here and offers help. I'm sure I'm not the only one here, but I wouldn't be building anything if it wasn't for this site. I've learned more here than anywhere else, so thank you, everybody  :)

Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Joe Stone

YES! Thanks Aron, as well as all you folks that frequent the site.  I've been experimenting with electronics for the past 10 years, but I've learned so much more in the past two years of lurking here, than in the previous 8-years before knowing the site existed.  This is honestly my favorite site on the web!

Quote from: gigimarga on December 23, 2009, 12:04:49 PM
I am very impressed by how many wonderful volunteer teachers are here.

volunteer teachers.  That sums it up perfectly.

happy holidays, y'all!

Joe