New at runoffgroove.com: Tri-Vibe

Started by B Tremblay, December 24, 2009, 07:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TamuT

Thanks Andre.

This pedal is the bomb! I also used it w/ my lovepedal Eternity clone last week in the studio. Sounded really good.

Made a little sound clip too... if someones interested (came out sounding like a Russian sad song or something) ::)

http://www.muziboo.com/TamuT/music/tri-vibe-sound-clip

B Tremblay

TamuT, your clip and build are great!  Thanks for sharing them with us.
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

Greg M.

Nice builds by everyone and a great design.  Vibes can be pretty intimidating with the bulbs and LDRs and multitude of parts, but this one looks doable for a schlub like me.  I just ordered the parts from Small Bear and I'll be getting this one going soon.  Wish me luck.

jbgron

Is it possible to use TL084 instead of TL064?

flo

You can use the TL084 but probably you'll get some "ticking" in the signal due to the LFO. The TL064 is used because it is a low-current device. For the rest they are pin compatible (see datasheets). So if you don't have a TL064, just pop in a TL074 or TL084. It'll work and just see how much "LFO ticking" you'll get.

jbgron

Thanks flo, I'll give it a shot tonight.  I've ordered some TL064's but they wont be here for ~1 week.

danielzink

my Tri,

Props to Mr. Lyons for the direction on the font and for the layout:

Dan

solderman

Quote from: danielzink on February 02, 2010, 11:23:10 PM
my Tri,

Props to Mr. Lyons for the direction on the font and for the layout:

Dan
A really nice build. But Dan, isn't it too big? ;D
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Greg M.

@danielzink, can you give us a look inside?

jetzster

Beautiful work,Dan! which label process is that?So Clean! :icon_biggrin:

Brymus

Yeah Dan thats really!! nice, love the clean look and chicken head knobs.The font you used is what sets it off IMO.
I like big boxes and I cannot lie,you other builders wont deny...
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

danielzink

Quote from: jetzster on February 03, 2010, 05:09:16 PM
Beautiful work,Dan! which label process is that?So Clean! :icon_biggrin:

White PPP box, Krylon glitter spray paint, full face waterslide, clear Krylon

Quote from: Brymus on February 03, 2010, 07:40:35 PM
Yeah Dan thats really!! nice, love the clean look and chicken head knobs.The font you used is what sets it off IMO.
I like big boxes and I cannot lie,you other builders wont deny...

Props again to big John for directing me on the font ! I really think it sets it off !

Quote from: Greg M. on February 03, 2010, 12:42:58 PM
@danielzink, can you give us a look inside?

upskirt pics:

Dan

tol

hi! I built the Tri-Vibe with a Basic Audio PCB. I only had a TL074 but I don't hear any LFO ticking. I do notice the effect but mostly on fast settings.

Otherwise it's very subtle compared to the soundclips.

Has anyone built one with the Basic Audio Layout? I tried to make it sound less subtle by running it into a feedback looper pedal but it didn't help even on the phase setting. I verified the caps but haven't verified all the resistor values to make sure they're all in the right place. I was very careful with POT wiring and measured all component values before installing them. I even tested all the diodes.

Thanks!

John Lyons

Has anyone built one with the Basic Audio Layout?

Scroll up two posts, that's the layout I posted  ;)

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Kitarist

Quote from: TamuT on January 31, 2010, 06:25:21 AM
Biggest thanks to runoffgroove and André for this nice project. Sounds really awesome...

Actually this was my first pcb & enclosure etch... worked alot better than I expected  ;D

Where did you get that kind of font?

gigimarga

Quote from: John Lyons on February 07, 2010, 10:57:05 PM

Has anyone built one with the Basic Audio Layout?

Scroll up two posts, that's the layout I posted  ;)

John

I've just finished it tonight and it worked from the first try, but, as tol said above, it seems too subtle comparing with the soundclips (I've built it using TL072, TL084, LM13700 and a 5mm red LED).
Thx a lot to the people of runoffgroove and to John Lyons too for this very nice project :)

TamuT

Quote from: Kitarist on February 09, 2010, 10:30:46 AM

Where did you get that kind of font?

Just a copy - paste from vero layout image posted by Slacker on page 6.

doc_drop

I can report that my build is also pretty subtle in the vibe mode at slow speeds. It is more intense at faster speeds.

But the swirl and whirl modes are deep enough at slow speeds... I like the character it has. Ole skool ;)