bean's barnyard box bustin bonanza - many kilobytes enclosed

Started by bean, December 26, 2009, 12:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bean

Here's my collection of all my favorite builds. This covers the last 4 or 5 years, I think.

thereverend

you got trogdor, homestar runner and the cheat but no strongbad or coach z?

looks great though!
it's not a BURST BOX  it's a circuit box with burst button...

Ben N

• SUPPORTER

wavley

You decided to take the high road with "You know the Germans make good products"  I would have done "You're gonna love my nuts" ;D but I'm kind of a degenerate
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

trendyironicname

The hobbes one made me chuckle.  You do crazy good work, bean.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

bean

Thanks guys for all the nice words. Warms my black heart.

sean k

Oh yes Bro Bean, you are a wonder! Those graphic styles and the finish you end up with are just so well blended together that these things conform to high art! Some high end manufacturer should grab you on commision to make there sad range of whatever into pure commercial gold!!! I mean it, the world'd look a whole lot better with lots of your stuff out there, black heart or not!
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

Slade

Awesome buildings!!!! :o

I like the one with the painted knobs the most.

You've really achieved a high spot with your finishings... Really well done! Congrats!

Fernando.-

bean

Here's my newest: The Pork Barrel Chorus. Pretty much a CE-2 with mods. The stamping was done with Stazon ink on the back. On the front, I used a different type that did not dry very fast, so I put a light coat of finish on it.

murrayatuptown

wow, cool critters. I can't even hear 'em ,but they look great.

Murray
Murray

Adji

Mate some of the finest builds I have ever seen! They look awesome. Each one as awesome as the last.

BoxOfSnoo

I'm trying to figure out what the "Slam" buttons on the Tremulus Lune and Rebote 2.5 are for...?
My Dropbox referral link - bonus 250MB of space for both of us if you use it

DougH

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

bean

Thanks, Doug! It was pretty easy to do: an inexpensive patina kit from Micahels and a sponge was all it took :)

BoxOfSnoo

Quote from: BoxOfSnoo on February 23, 2010, 02:49:54 PM
I'm trying to figure out what the "Slam" buttons on the Tremulus Lune and Rebote 2.5 are for...?

Any insights on this?

tommy.genes

I first saw a "Slam" switch on the SIB Mr. Echo. I believe it is a momentary switch that simultaneously sets the delay time to minimum and the feedback to maximum to get a runaway delay effect.

-- T. G. --
"A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend." - Captain Eugene Harold "Armor Abs" Krabs

bean

Quote from: BoxOfSnoo on February 26, 2010, 10:04:53 AM

Any insights on this?

The Slam switch bypasses the normal 12k or 15k resistor that comes off the feedback pot and substitutes a trimmer for precise control to take you into instant oscillation. When you hit the switch, it goes into maximum feedback, and it also uses a couple of 1n914's b2b to clamp the output (so it doesn't get out of control).

BoxOfSnoo

Quote from: bean on February 26, 2010, 10:31:36 AM

Any insights on this?

The Slam switch bypasses the normal 12k or 15k resistor that comes off the feedback pot and substitutes a trimmer for precise control to take you into instant oscillation. When you hit the switch, it goes into maximum feedback, and it also uses a couple of 1n914's b2b to clamp the output (so it doesn't get out of control).

Cool, and quite useful!  What about on the Tremulus Lune?  Is that a momentary switch or again some kind of preset "superfast mode"?

bean

Quote from: BoxOfSnoo on February 26, 2010, 10:42:37 AM
Quote from: bean on February 26, 2010, 10:31:36 AM

Any insights on this?

For that, it simply switches out the electrolytic cap that controls the speed to take it into double time (there are notes in the 4ms docs on this). Not exactly the same function as the delay.

Cool, and quite useful!  What about on the Tremulus Lune?  Is that a momentary switch or again some kind of preset "superfast mode"?

tol

I'm glad great minds think alike! I built this LoFoMoFo back in 2006! One of my 1st pedals! I wish I'd kept it. I wish my skillz had grown exponentially.