russian big muff help (aka i've done something stupid)

Started by thereverend, December 27, 2009, 07:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thereverend

so i set about to rehouse my russian big muff and did so while drinking, rather heavily which in hindsight was probably not the smartest or most intelligent thing i have ever done. i completely forgot to mark down which pots went where on the board in addition to the in, out and grounds (admittedly those should be easier to figure out) but obviously i'm a little bit stumped as to where to solder the pots onto the board but i did notice the holes where the pots get soldered to are numbered. can anyone help with maybe taking a look inside theirs (if they have one) and seeing what legs on the pots correspond to the solder pads on the board?

the board is labeled BM-1-01.00.001 if that helps.

any help here will be appreciated and i promise to never, ever, ever drink and work on pedals ever again.

thanks!
it's not a BURST BOX  it's a circuit box with burst button...

bumblebee

Maybe some of my diagrams will help you:LINK

What enclosure is the original? a older one with the big switch? if so I would be interested in buyng it if you wanna sell it.

PM me if interested.

thereverend

it was one of the green sovtek ones. i'd sell the enclosure if i didnt already have plans for it. sorry!

thanks for the link. that should be a great help!

bumblebee

Tis cool.
This is the diagram you want if your green one is cast not folded, you can see I asigned the wires to the pots.
LINK

Or this one if its a later folded steel one:
LINK

Then there's a 3rd version PCB layout for which I have no diagram nor have ever seen in person.

thereverend

Quote from: bumblebee on December 27, 2009, 08:24:36 PM
Tis cool.
This is the diagram you want if your green one is cast not folded, you can see I asigned the wires to the pots.
LINK

Or this one if its a later folded steel one:
LINK

Then there's a 3rd version PCB layout for which I have no diagram nor have ever seen in person.

mine is that second one.

i can just omit those lines going to the output and input jack, right? i mean i'm using regular old switchcraft jacks on the new enclosure instead of the plastic board mounted ones so i can run them straight to the jacks instead... or would i just be better off running the wires to the jacks from where the old board mounted jacks were?

bumblebee

Just take the jacks out and wire the new jacks to the same place on the PCB.

thereverend

bumblebee

You can see where the in/out/GND needs to go on the PCB in the first link I gave you anyways. The PCB's are almost identical so you can pretty much use either to work it all out.