Switchable volume pot in fx loop of amp

Started by trixdropd, January 05, 2010, 03:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trixdropd

I am gonna use a relay and connect a volume pot to it. This way, I can have a remote switchable pot in my amps fx loop letting me set a "Rhythem" volume when the pot is switched in, and lead volume when bypassed. The hows are not an issue to me. What I wanna know is what the best value pot would be. What taper? I figure there will not be a huge difference between rhythem and lead volume so I want the pot detailed in the upper range if you know what i mean.

Thanks!!

T1bbles

It doesn't really matter, a 100k would be fine, go for audio taper, it'll make setting the level easier.

Your volume pot is a voltage divider so value doesn't really matter at all. Set half way, half of the signal goes to ground, half of it passes through, it works on ratios of resistance rather than simply resisting the signal until it gets completely blocked.
Behringer don't do signatures, but if they did, they'd probably stop working mid sen

trixdropd

Quote from: T1bbles on January 05, 2010, 05:07:20 PM
It doesn't really matter, a 100k would be fine, go for audio taper, it'll make setting the level easier.

Your volume pot is a voltage divider so value doesn't really matter at all. Set half way, half of the signal goes to ground, half of it passes through, it works on ratios of resistance rather than simply resisting the signal until it gets completely blocked.
Thanks!!