Sourcing a wah pedal style case

Started by sbm, January 07, 2010, 07:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbm

So while the Kay Fuzz looks to be a cool little circuit to employ, has anyone ever been able to source a wah pedal style case?  I've looked hiigh and low and aside from gutting a perfectly new volume or wah pedal, does anyone know to find just the case and pedal itself?

thanks,

John Lyons

There are some in the For Sale forum right now.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

panterafanatic

i hope you don't mean me. i'm not gonna be doing it, being a 3rd party is a huge hassle, but i did send some drawings to the user jesusfreak that posted in my thread. so maybe pm them

edit: i've gotten used crybabies for as low as 35 shipped from a non auction style sale. check out ebay for deals. or just get a used crybaby/vox and gut it
-Jared

N.S.B.A. ~ Coming soon

jkokura

Or you can buy a blank wah case from Smallbear for 47... You can paint it too! I'm saving up for that and some inductors.

Jacob

boogietube

Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808

jkokura

cathexis

Here's a good deal, if you can shop from Europe. I bought two. You get the case plus lots of usable parts. Mine actually sounded pretty good after some twiddling.

http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/product_info.php?cPath=94&products_id=1272&language=en&osCsid=e7c7061430d872f1fda6f59b92d5d33b

Skruffyhound

http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/product_info.php?products_id=1272&osCsid=e7c7061430d872f1fda6f59b92d5d33b

Does this link work better? Edit: No it doesn't, you'll just have to scroll.

Thanks cathexis, just what I've been looking for.
Edit: Now I have two on the way. Finally -  ;D, worth the price just to be able to save all those ebay hours.

cathexis

Quote from: Skruffyhound on January 08, 2010, 06:44:16 PM

Does this link work better? Edit: No it doesn't, you'll just have to scroll.

Ah. Well, it's under "Surplus & Special Items" on the menu (you can switch to english)...

Rich_S

I have a Cry Baby available.  Check your PMs.

jonfoote

on ebay uk they're selling dapphon wah pedals for less than £10.
im guessing they're crap but you might get a cheap wah shell out of it.

anybody seen inside one of them to see if they're mod worthy?

sbm

Ah thanks very much guys.  A couple of you chimed in offline offering up dead wah pedals (bring out yer dead!).  I picked up one already - Rich_s thanks, I got somone else's.  Hang on to your's and get your project done!  You never know what tones will come out when are are!