DOD FX80B Compressor Sustainer sounds like a tremolo?

Started by JohnForeman, April 25, 2012, 09:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnForeman

Cjones, you have the same tremolo effect problem?
If so,  can you check your pcb and compare it to the pics of mine and see if they are the same.  Especially the rev level and see f you have the break in the trace like I have in mine.
Thanks

JohnForeman

SISKO

Im here!

So Q1 is working properly then.
Mine doestn have that brake. I assume its a RC voltage filter (100ohm + the big cap). Its fine if you bypass it with a glob of solder on the broken trace to see if that was the problem.

So all of your transistors measures seems to be ok. The problem could still be on semiconductors (you can check voltages for all the Ics) but honestly I think its somewhere else. I tough it was Q1 but youre meassurements showed me Im wrong.

You can look for cold solder and/or playing while you move transistors and caps with your fingers. Also have you disscard wire problems (bad cables, loosy jacks) and all external problem (make sure it was the only pedal on the chain, not an amp tremolo, etc etc)?
--Is there any body out there??--

cjonesplay

Quote from: JohnForeman on April 26, 2012, 07:47:55 PM
Cjones, you have the same tremolo effect problem?
If so,  can you check your pcb and compare it to the pics of mine and see if they are the same.  Especially the rev level and see f you have the break in the trace like I have in mine.
Thanks

Just saw this. Sure, I'll do this when I get home this evening.

cjonesplay

Ok, here you go. Looks like I'm in possession of a revision A board. Went poking around on it plugged in last night and couldn't find any broken solder joints. Moved/touched the IC's with my hand and nothing spectacular. Checked for continuity in all the solder points and didn't find anything strange. Looks to be all original (my dad bought it new back in the 80's) and I can't find any evidence of abuse anywhere.

http://chrisjones.info/otherstuff/boardcomp.jpg
http://chrisjones.info/otherstuff/boardsolder.jpg

rankot

Does anybody have a schematic for this 3094 version?
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!