Problem with FV-1 pots freaking out???

Started by jamierichards1234, March 18, 2018, 02:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamierichards1234

Hi, I'm trying to make myself a simple stereo FV-1 pedal based on the datasheet and a few designs I've found online.. To be honest I don't really know what I'm doing and I may have bitten off more than I can chew but I thought it might be fun to have a play around with the FV-1 chip and spincad. I'm running into some hardware problems though and hopefully someone can help me out.

I've got my board up and running and it works fine until I turn any of the 3 pots up beyond about 75%, at which point it crackles then goes silent, the power led goes dim and all the voltages on the board drop massively. At the moment I am just using the eeprom which came with the development board with the stock programs so I doubt it's software related.

I'd be very grateful if anyone see where I'm going wrong?

Cheers

Jamie

(I couldn't fit my whole schematic in the screenshot so it's in pieces. Sorry)

Digital Larry

Sounds to me like your pot wiper is connected to ground.
Digital Larry
Want to quickly design your own effects patches for the Spin FV-1 DSP chip?
https://github.com/HolyCityAudio/SpinCAD-Designer

jamierichards1234

Thanks so much. I've literally been chasing this around all weekend. It turns out the eagle footprint for the pots I was using had the pins swapped so the wiper was on one end rather than in the middle. I guess the lesson there is not to blindly trust stuff I've downloaded from the internet! It all seems to be working now (after an ugly bodge). Now on to the fun stuff!

Cheers

Jamie