Morley wah mod

Started by Blatant, February 03, 2010, 04:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blatant

hey guys, i've got a morely power wah volume pedal

of late I've been finding the wah effect is rather fast, in that, it alters the sound too quickly for my liking.  I think the sweep is too narrow?

anyway, does anyone know if I can modify the pedal to be more open?

zachomega

Not sure about modding it, but bear in mind these pedals use LDR's and incandescent bulbs (at least if it is a big chrome tel-ray morley).  The LDR gets more or less light based on a shutter which is made out of paper (thick like speaker cone material almost?). 

You can probably narrow the range of the wah effect by either placing a fixed resistor in series with the LDR or putting a resistor in parallel with the LDR depending on if you want more or less resistance.  Or a combination of the two to tune the pedal. 

-Zach 

modsquad

The forum search is your friend...I posted a while back about some mods that I made.   I will dig them up and post later.
"Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light, not because he is afraid of the dark but because the dark is afraid of him"

dap9

Quote from: modsquad on February 03, 2010, 09:52:39 AM
The forum search is your friend...I posted a while back about some mods that I made.   I will dig them up and post later.

I'm definitely interested in this!