Need help identifying this IC

Started by Mackin, February 14, 2010, 07:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mackin

Good evening folks,

I have failed to find any relevant information on the net by googling the numbers printed on this part, so I'd appreciate some help.

Can someone tell me what this chip is ?

Thank you for reading,
- Mackin

trendyironicname

UPC1263C2
Dual-Channel Audio Power-Output Amplifier
NEC Electronics
Outp Pwr Min.=2.0
@R(load) (Ohms)=8.0
Upper 3dB Frequency (Hz)=20k
AV (dB) Min.=34
Input Resistance Min. (Ohms)=5.0M
THD Max. (%)=0.8
Quies. Pwr (W)=2.4
Nom. Supp (V)=18
Package=DIP-tab
Pins=14
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

trendyironicname

I'm trying to find a decent datasheet for you.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Mackin

trendyironicname

the closest i found was this, http://www.necel.com/nesdis/image/IC-1725A.pdf  it comes up as a related part at NEC and I cannot find anything else pertinent to yours.  I suspect they're probably just dif. power outputs and around the same pinout.  If it jives with the traces on your board it might help you guess what's going where and why.  Purely conjecture and hope that it's the same pinout but you should be able to tell and if it is, you're on your way.  Good luck. :)

Mackin

Thanks for your time man, much appreciated !

Mackin

Just went over the block diagram -

This is cool, two op-amps :icon_biggrin:

Could a Little Gem / Ruby type of simple amp be built with this ?

Mackin

trendyironicname

I would think so but I have nowhere near the brain as some people here. I would def wait around for someone who actually knows what they're talking about.  What is this coming out of? My guess would be something like a karaoke machine?  Shot in the dark.

Mackin

:icon_wink: Close enough,

It's from a 9V-powered cassette tape radio. I was hoping to turn it into a guitar amp (that's why I asked about the Ruby). It might sound pretty nasty but I don't mind, I simply want to try assembling a functional amplifier with the parts I can get from this thing.

anchovie

Its equivalent to a KA2214. There's only one application circuit in the datasheet, for stereo ins and outs. Nothing for bridging the two halves but I'm sure it can be done a-la the Little Gem MKII as both inverting and non-inverting inputs are available.
Bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow.

Mackin

Quote from: anchovie on February 15, 2010, 12:28:26 PM
Its equivalent to a KA2214. There's only one application circuit in the datasheet, for stereo ins and outs. Nothing for bridging the two halves but I'm sure it can be done a-la the Little Gem MKII as both inverting and non-inverting inputs are available.

The pin layout is different :icon_neutral:

Which one is the right one ?

trendyironicname

You can infer it from the circuit that it's in now.  If you can trace it out a little, we can probably help you figure it out.  :)

Mackin

All right, I gave it a try.

If this makes any sense at all :

Note : The two non-polarized caps had an underlined "10" printed on them, whatever that means.

Thank you !

MikeH

Quote from: Mackin on March 03, 2010, 02:29:45 PM

Note : The two non-polarized caps had an underlined "10" printed on them, whatever that means.

Thank you !

If you're talking about the two small ceramic caps on either side of the opamp in the initial picture, they're most likely 10pf caps.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

Mackin

Mackin

trendyironicname

is there anyway to see what 12 and 2 are doing? and is 10 hooked to power?

Mackin

Apologies for the ugly drawing.

The thing in the upper left corner is supposed to be a transistor. We haven't discussed these in class yet so I don't know the symbol for it (and what type it is).

The first scan I posted was my first try ever at tracing out a circuit. It'll probably be much more fun when I understand what I'm looking at !

trendyironicname

I honestly think that you can go off of his schematic.  I'm looking at it and might not catch everything but I think you can go off of the KA2214. If anyone cares to jump in, please do.