Solderless Breadboard Basics

Started by smallbearelec, February 18, 2010, 11:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallbearelec

I did this article:

http://www.smallbearelec.com/HowTos/Breadboarding/Breadboard.htm

as a way to have my assistant teach himself a few essentials. Please keep it in mind as a reference when questions come up. A kit will be available as soon as I get the plastic parts organizers that I have ordered.

SD

soggybag

glops

Awesome article!  Would have saved me a bunch of time last year.  The Beavis article helped me then but wish I would of had this, too.   Nice round tutorial, especially including the jack diagrams.  A great place for the brand new person!

robmdall

phector2004

great tutorial!

do the trimpots have any indication of their resistance? or do you just guess that turning a 10k halfway is about 5k?

BoxOfSnoo

Very very good.  I'm glad you mentioned the split boards, I've stumbled over that one a few times.

I would almost suggest including the numbers for pot lugs, since most of the instructions I have seen refer to lugs 1-3, only rarely CCW,CW etc.  "Wiper" is certainly more common...
My Dropbox referral link - bonus 250MB of space for both of us if you use it

smallbearelec

Quote from: phector2004 on February 19, 2010, 08:16:12 PM
do you just guess that turning a 10k halfway is about 5k?

Yep. As I noted in the piece, you can then use your multimeter to measure exactly what you have and then substitue a fixed resistor if you want.

joegagan

steve, nice to see you on here. your tutorial on drawing schematics was a huge help to me back in 99 when i was a computer newbie. i will forever remember how you helped me. thank you.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.