Zvex Super Hard On

Started by frequencycentral, February 20, 2010, 08:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Heisenberg

Quote from: El Heisenberg on October 27, 2010, 01:25:19 AM
The inventobox module SHO schem has other differences...a .01 cap and 1k series combo at the input. ...?

I already built mine point to point on top of the 5k pot and hot glued everything in place. Zener to ground. I used a .01 cap but no 1k resistor.
"Your meth is good, Jesse. As good as mine."

clamhandsmcgee

Alright, I need some help.  I followed the OP's pcb layout except for leaving out the D1 diode and for D2 I used a 9.1 Zener diode.  I have everything wired up and it has a bad hiss pretty much on any volume.  I don't know much about building pedals so any help would be appreciated.  Also should I put a 1N4148 diode for D1 or should I leave it out?  Thanks in advance.

guitari89

If I wanted to add a stomp switch... Where would that go in the circuit? I know it would probably go near the power supply however will signal still go through when it is bypassed? Trying to make a pedal... This is going to be my first project. Seems like a relatively simple one and a great addition to my pedal board.

Thanks!

Vince_b

If you want to know how to wire a stomp switch to bypass an effect, here are the different options:
http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=76

Jdansti

Quote from: guitari89 on April 12, 2012, 01:11:54 PM
If I wanted to add a stomp switch... Where would that go in the circuit? I know it would probably go near the power supply however will signal still go through when it is bypassed? Trying to make a pedal... This is going to be my first project. Seems like a relatively simple one and a great addition to my pedal board.

Thanks!

Here's another good description of wiring the switch and LED:
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/switch_lo_3pdt_ig_dcjack.gif?phpMyAdmin=78482479fd7e7fc3768044a841b3e85a
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Belanger

Quote from: frequencycentral on February 23, 2010, 05:09:55 PM
"Newer SHO units have a diode protection circuit to keep the transistor from blowing"

So is that the 1n4148's in my layout?

........and why does the Sho have three 1/4 inch sockets?

2 outputs jacks and 1 input
The best substitute for intelligence is silence

Gargaman

Wow, didn't realize that!
What's the difference between the two outs?
I'm looking to this circuit as the next building.
"My profile pic was stolen!"

Belanger

To either run to two amps at one time or one amp and the tuner as well    Hope this helps and it's a great build. I recommend doing the zener diode version or the one with the no crackle mod
The best substitute for intelligence is silence