Original Big Muff PCB layouts

Started by peps1, February 23, 2010, 04:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lars

There is an error on the version 4 Big Muff Op-amp PCB layout. It's missing the ground connection from pin 4 on the RC4558 IC chip. The circuit will not wok without this connection. There should be a solder trace going from pin 4 to the .01uf capacitor near the chip. This can be verified when you compare the PCB trace to a photo of an EH3003B circuit board. I've circled the spot in the photo below:

mattzan

lars

Yes, a jumper wire will work fine here. That's all I was using when I breadboarded my test build. Worked great once I made that ground connection.

mattzan

Many thanks dude! Worked fine!!!

A hammond DD size will fit? This is a huge pcb.

killerkev

What a wonderful post! May I plead for a Ram's head to scale circuit board template!?  :icon_mrgreen: Please! Please!

peps1

Quote from: killerkev on June 24, 2011, 11:30:52 PM
What a wonderful post! May I plead for a Ram's head to scale circuit board template!?  :icon_mrgreen: Please! Please!

RAMS HEAD

Still need some flatbed scans of the russian boards, and measurements........so if you got a Russian Green, RED ARMY or CIVIL WAR and are willing t scan and measure the board give me a shout!  :icon_biggrin:

DOWNLOAD SCALED RAMS HEAD FROM HERE > http://pdfcast.org/pdf/rams-head-big-muff-pcb

peps1

(IC BMP also updated to include that missing track.....but you may have to refresh your browser before grabbing it)

killerkev

Roger Martin

Hi guys,

For the RAMS HEAD version...any equivalent can replace for :
Transistor    FS 36999
Diode         IN914

Thank you in advance

jan007magic

Quote from: bumblebee on February 24, 2010, 07:41:31 PM
Here's an updated/edited version of the 1st issue green Sovtek PCB. Jack spacing is perfect. I put all the original markings (in cyrillic) on it so you can just use it as a drop in replacement if need be. You will still need to drill the three mounting holes so use your old PCB to mark for them.
K is collector/B is Base/3 is Emitter. I will make a parts layout for it at a latter date.

i didn't measure the PCB size but the distance from the center of one jack to the other is 6.9mm, that will help you if it gets messed up in size on some PC's.
'
(EDIT:Refresh for new image if you have already looked at this, I uploaded the wrong one)

NOTE: this PCB cannot be used in black Sovteks without editing the jacks spacing as its too wide.

hey Bumblebee, any updates on this? :)

zbt

Here are my russian (100x99mm) and triangle version (78x75)

Same problem measure pot and jack  ;D

ComponentDrifter

Quote from: zbt on October 14, 2023, 04:00:30 AM

Here are my russian (100x99mm) and triangle version (78x75)

Same problem measure pot and jack  ;D

Thanks, but the size of your russian layout is wrong. It's a pcb of the later bubble font and black russian big muffs. But the size isn't correct. The actual pcb is way smaller and jack spacing too. Can you update it to correct the size?

EDIT: I guess I will do it anyway so I'll post it here after I scaled it to the correct size.

EDIT II: I didn't etch it yet, but I compared it to my OG bubble font and black russian pcb and those are the right sizes.
Height: 8,9 cm
Width: 9,87 cm
(Those sizes are for png and do not represent the actual size of the original pcb). Scale it down to those sizes and it will fit a black russian or later bubble fonts.

zbt

zbt

new size, still audio jack not align well