three knob pedal

Started by TheWaker43, February 24, 2010, 01:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWaker43

hey folks
i happen to have an extra pre-drilled 1290 enclosure.  It has three holes drilled for knobs and i was wondering what to put in it. any ideas?
thanks

jkokura

So many options it's probably mind boggling - I think what would be more helpful is to say which 'type' of effect you want in there. Do you want a gain pedal, a modulation pedal, a delay pedal - what do you have now on your pedal board? What kinds of pedals have you built in the past?

If it were me, I'd put an LTD Silver or Tube Screamer in there, or an EA Trem, or the Casualty 4 Phaser if you could get it to fit, or a Rebote 2.5 Delay. All of them are three knob, fairly straightfoward builds. There's also three knob fuzzes out there that would probably be pretty easy for you to look at doing also.

Jacob

peps1

the right answer to that question is always going to be BIG MUFF! (to be even more precise, The Green Sovtek Big Muff)

TheWaker43

thanks for the responses
it was originally intended for a muff but i ended up using a different box.  i am pretty happy with my pedal board, nothing really that i am missing.
just want to do something for fun, the trem might be nice.

MikeH

Don't just limit yourself to 3-knobbers either.  You could always do a 2-knob design and mod it to have a third control.  Like a ross comp with "attack" control, or a distortion + with tone control.

Basically, you could build anything you want. 
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

TimWaldvogel

i second the dist + with a nice tone stack.
YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT LARGE PEDALBOARDS....

.... I BET YOU WISH YOUR PEDALBOARD WAS AS LARGE AS MINE

Renegadrian

I'd go for a Rebote Delay! or a Rat!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

ppatchmods

well if we are making stuff up, i would go for a grey dod 250 with a tonestack. it is one of those pedals that you don't know you are missing until you build one.
When your life is over, will any of this STUFF really matter?

dthurstan

Tonebender Mk III or a Phaser  :)