double muff

Started by rosscocean, March 02, 2010, 08:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosscocean

Does anyone have, or know of a double muff vero layout or schematic?

Links would be brill!

Cheers Ross

fuzzo

Take just the original one (muff fuzz) and make it twice , placed them in serial with a switch to select one or both. That's all. ;)

Mark Hammer

It's actually a little different than that.  The "first" Muff has a tone-shaping network on the input that the "second" Muff omits.  Building two Muff Fuzzes, as per the classic schem would not give you this.

As an aside, some 37 years ago , I was playing in a band that provided me much of the equipment I used.  One evening, for some reason, I was provided with two Muff Fuzzes to use, in that tiny box format EH used to use with the inline plug.  So I plugged them in and turned them both on.  It did NOT help that we were playing in a gymnasium at some school with highly reflective cinder-block walls.  I think I am still hearing echoes from then.

rosscocean

Cheers Mark. You know of a Vero layout?

Mark Hammer

Haven't seen one myself.

aron

If you are talking about the double muff, then I believe it is this schematic. Just two of them and with serial or single as fuzzo said:

http://fuzzcentral.ssguitar.com/schematics/mufffuzztransschem.gif

Scruffie

I found a copy of the schematic on my drive (don't where from) from when I modded one a while back, there are a few differences between just two Muff Fuzzes mainly at the input of one of the fuzzes... I'm not sure how much difference they'll make

Edit:
Nevermind, here's the schematic http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=74265.0%3Bprev_next=next
Google Image Search got me there on the first page  ;)

bumblebee

I have both the ehx factory schems for the muff fuzz and the double muff and the double muff is not just two muff fuzzes in series, one is indeed slightly different.

rosscocean

Quote from: bumblebee on March 04, 2010, 06:37:28 AM
I have both the ehx factory schems for the muff fuzz and the double muff and the double muff is not just two muff fuzzes in series, one is indeed slightly different.

Have you got a pic or a link to the double muff that you can upload?

Cheers
Ross

aron

Ross,

There was a link but I had to remove it. EH is one of the suppliers I purchase from and they have asked me not to link to their factory schematics. Anyone can of course post/draw their own schematic that they have reverse engineered. That is fine AFAIK.

bumblebee

I cant post current production EHX schems either.

rosscocean

No worries. Thanks for your help guys. I've found a schematic online.

Anyone got a vero layout?

aron

Ross,

It's really close to a fuzz face. So a modified fuzz face layout should work.

bumblebee

You can also convert it to a woolly mammoth very easily too.

rosscocean

Cheers Aron. I'll have a look at it.

I'll have a look at the Zvex WM

Cheers
Ross