Stripboard tip

Started by trendyironicname, March 02, 2010, 09:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trendyironicname

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but it's saving me a lot of time on debugging.   I started checking every adjacent row on my stripboards after I put all the components on and before I cut any of the tracks.  If there happens to be any solder bridges, it's caught them, so far. And it's soooo much easier to track down than randomly checking pads.  I realize this is probably one of those, "duh" moments but it helps me a ton at the moment. 
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Nasse

" If there happens to be any solder bridges..."

When I do something, there happens solder bridges for sure. I did one transistor booster with few components, and had at least two. I am not sure, because it became alive for some reason while checking
  • SUPPORTER

cab42

Quote from: trendyironicname on March 02, 2010, 09:41:35 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but it's saving me a lot of time on debugging.   I started checking every adjacent row on my stripboards after I put all the components on and before I cut any of the tracks.  If there happens to be any solder bridges, it's caught them, so far. And it's soooo much easier to track down than randomly checking pads.  I realize this is probably one of those, "duh" moments but it helps me a ton at the moment. 

I look at the  board in front of a strong lamp, then even tiny bridges are exposed.

Before that I also run a sharp knife between trace to cut bridges, if any.

Regards

Carsten
  • SUPPORTER
"Rick, your work is almost disgusting, it's so beautiful.  Meaning: it's so darned pretty that when I look at my own stuff, it makes me want to puke my guts out."
Ripthorn