News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

superfuzz

Started by emitter, March 17, 2010, 12:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emitter

so i have a byoc leeds fuzz (vox superfuzz) and it quit working, so i figure while i'm messing with it i'd actually like a different sound

i'm looking for a more subtle dynamic jeff beckish fuzz/overdrive sound, i think this superfuzz has 2 stages of gain/fuzz and one of octave, i don't want the octave so maybe even just cutting out the octave section would help, or if there's any other circuits that use the 2SC828 that you know of in this ballpark let me know

thanks, shane

Dan N

I have no idea how it would sound, but if you took the wire from the center of the Expander pot and moved it to the circuit side of the clipping diodes you'd be leap frogging the octave section. Prolly sound different, I'm thinking. Jeff Beck? Doubt it.

Other circuits for the 2SC828? It's a bog standard medium gain NPN silicon transistor. It will do something in just about any transistorized circuit you'll find here, just remember the pin out is ECB so you might have to bend the legs to fit some perf/vero/pcb layouts.

joegagan

i think the superfuzz is good for that jeffbeckian fuzz-od ish feel.

people complained about the tone in my video not being fuzzy enough. funny .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChvmvnBYG7Y
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

emitter

cool vid and advice

yeah for and octave fuzz and single note lines it's dynamic and very usable

i got it out tonight planning to tinker with it and found out i had a bad cord the pedal is fine, whoops!  i got a keeley fuzz head which is kind of the fuzz/overdrive sound i wanted, i might get or make a tonebender or thorbak or something later but for now the fuzz head is cutting enough

thanks