Hornet Fuzz question

Started by smithr13, March 17, 2010, 05:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smithr13

OK so my question isn't exactly about the Hornet's circuit, I hooked it up to the osciloscope at my school and it seemed to work...however the output waveform was the inverse of the input waveform, is that supposed to happen or did I wire it wrong?

I'm building your Hornet, Aron, for my electronic design class and I have a presentation for it tmrw, but I haven't been able to get a 3PDT switch yet because I'm poor.  How would I hook up the circuit to 2 1/4 inch stereo jacks without the circuit that you wrote up here:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=941.0

I also wanted to take this first opportunity to thank you for everything, from your schematics to your input on these forums...ur a guitar electronics guru

aron

Take the input of the circuit and wire it to the tip of the first jack. Take the output of the circuit and wire it to the tip of the 2nd jack. Take the ground of the circuit and connect it to the sleeve of the jack. Connect the sleeves of both jacks together.

I believe you are correct about the waveform output.

smithr13

thanks again for all the help Aron, but we hooked it up to my guitar and it didn't really distort the sound at all...it just kind of changes the level a little bit.  it could be not workin correctly because of the transistors in the circuit; we asked our professor for the transistors we needed and he gave us ones that he said "were close", but i figured u would know better because u designed the circuit.

we've got a 2N3242 for the germanium transistor and a 2N4401 for the silicon transistor.  is there a way to adjust the pots to make use of these transistors? or do we have no choice but to get transistors that r closer to what you have in the schematic?