devi ever soda meister and vinatge fuzz master problem HELP!!!!

Started by prismrock2003, March 18, 2010, 07:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prismrock2003

hi I'm still pretty new to the whole pedal building business. Ive built a couple of kits and no problems at all. i only seem to have problems working on vero anyone else have this problem?

anyway back to the problem at hand. Ive built a clone of the Devi ever soda meister. i built it using the first layout Ive posted. the second layout is there to show the transistors i used. the thing is that i get no signal at all when the pedals on. the offboard wiring seems OK as i can get a bypassed signal. i think the problem could be that Ive soldered the transistors the wrong way round. i soldered them the same as the second layout so i don't know what it is.

any help would be appreciated

Michael

bluesdevil

Looks okay to my eyes. What is the pin out of the 2n2907?
EDIT: Oops! Just noticed the "CBE" noted next to it.
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

bluesdevil

If you're using the top layout, but with MPSA18's you'll need to face the flat side of the trannies facing right so the emitters are to ground. That's looking down with component side up.
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

prismrock2003

i didnt think the pin out on the 2n907 really matter because the schematic say the base stays the same and just the collector and emitter change round using the switch. and the mpsa18's flat side do face right

bluesdevil

Yes, you're right. Here's something: Make sure your switch is working properly by checking to see if none of the wires that are crossing between lugs are shorting.

prismrock2003

I've taken apart the whole off board wiring and going to try again just in case it was that. also i used polystyrene caps you know the tropical fish one. just want to say i see why they done use these anymore. i broke 3 trying to bend the pins.

red_92

sorry for replying in such an old topic....but i can't "fix" my soda meiser clone
i tried both layouts (vero and pcb) and i get the same sound ->a clean sound with a lot of hiss and no fuzz at all-where could the problem be?
i used 3X mpsa18 and one 2n2907A-metal cap-when i switch the 2n2907 i got radio-i verrified it's pins and with the pins mounted correctly i get clean sound