Someone else having problem to post wit IE8?

Started by solderman, March 21, 2010, 04:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solderman

Hi
I have problems to post with Internet Explorer 8. The text jumps up and down when there are more lines than the size of the text box can hold. The fix is to use "compatibility mode". This works for new posts. But when you quote a post the text is already there and pressing the "compatibility mode" results in an error from the site saying that it has encountered an error
"Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again"
Yes I know there are a bunch of other browsers out there and they will probably fix this. But since all my corporate daytime job stuff rely on IE8 and I do not want a bunch of browsers to surf the net this has become a bit of a PINA.
Any suggestions of a work around?
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

Greg_G

KazooMan

I have the same issue if my reply has more lines than the box I can't see what I am typing.  I can scroll down to see the text, but as soon as I start typing again the box scrolls back to the top.  Annoying.  I do use Firefox when I visit another site.  Maybe I'll have to switch over completely. 

AudioMime

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AUDIO MIME
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Quote from: rousejeremy
Stick the Tremulus Lune in a Feedback Loop and your neighbors will call the cops on you. Which will be awesome.

davent

Same problem for me so i usually write up the post in editpad/notepad then copy/paste it into the reply box here.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

chi_boy

"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page