MXR Distortion III vero?

Started by philbinator1, March 24, 2010, 09:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbinator1

Quote from: slacker on March 31, 2010, 01:14:16 PM
Not trying to have a go at you, but it's not really cool to host the schematic on photobucket, it even asks you not to on it :)
I don't care about my layout, you can do what you like with that.

Shit!  Sorry about that, i'm not down with the rules on sharing layouts/schems...i did read that on the schem, must have
selectively forgotten it in my haste to finish the post.  Still I should have asked you first!  I've deleted both from photobucket.   :icon_redface:

Why is it that people don't want the schematics/layouts posted on others' web pages?  Are they thinking they'll be altered (possibly
badly) and re-posted in their name?  Seems like there are quite a few conflicts over this on various forums.
"Hows are we's?  We's in the f*cking middle of a dinners meal!  Dats hows we am!" - Skwisgaar Skwigelf

GodSaveMetal

Is anibody made a complete MXRII PCB with layout of the pedal?

Harold

@slacker,

I hope you don't mind me "stealing" your layout? ;)

MXR Distortion III
DIY-Layout.com: Online stripboard layouts

Harold

Quote from: Harold on July 09, 2011, 01:24:14 PM
@slacker,

I hope you don't mind me "stealing" your layout? ;)

I stole it good: including an error ;)

R2 should go to ground, not to Vref  >:( I updated my layout to reflect that change ...
DIY-Layout.com: Online stripboard layouts

hair_energizer

Hello,

I recently bought this pedal (stock MXR Distortion iii). I'm an absolute beginner in making or modding pedals. I'd say I would be able to build a DIY pedal due to enough experience in soldering in the past. I experimented already with R4. I wanted High Gain distortion and followed the advice to put a weaker resistor. But I wasn't even satisfied shortcutting the 2 points on the board. I like this clangy-twangy sound but it's absolutely useless for High Gain. What other ways are there to increase gain?