Looking for small knobs

Started by Pakaloabob, April 03, 2010, 09:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pakaloabob

I am using a 125B enclosure and would like to have 3 knobs in line across the narrow width of the box. The only knobs I have are fluted knobs with 3/4" skirt - a couple cheap RS ones and some nice Davies-style pointers. These would barely fit across the width and the skirts would touch each other.
I noticed that General Guitar Gadgets projects mostly use the 125B style enclosures and they seem to have the knobs in a row. I have never bought a GGG project, so I don't know what kind of knobs they use.
I have looked at futurlec and have heard good things about their aluminum knobs, but I know it will take a few weeks if I order from them.
Mouser might have what I want, but their shipping charges are kind of high, so I usually only use them if I am ordering a lot of stuff.
There must be some secret supplier who has awesome narrow profile knobs, but I don't know of it.
If anyone can clue me in, I would appreciate it very much.

EDIT: I did see the Davies 1900H at small bear but I thought they were sold out... until I saw the ABS ones. D'oh!
         Sorry for the waste of a post  :icon_redface:

Just1More

These work well if you need to get 3 across
http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=727
Http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=707

I like the look of the Futurlec ones, but I usually have to drill the hole larger to get it to fit on the pot shaft.

Pakaloabob

Thanks for the ideas. The second ones are currently sold out, but the colors might be nice to liven up the look of my pedals.

doc_drop

QuoteI like the look of the Futurlec ones, but I usually have to drill the hole larger to get it to fit on the pot shaft.

Not if you use the $.55 pots that Futurlec also sells. They are the knurled shaft type. But you do need a hex screw driver thingie to screw them on...

philbinator1

Small knobs.  Heehee.    ;D  aw c'mon, am I the only one that saw that?  Yes?   :icon_eek:
"Hows are we's?  We's in the f*cking middle of a dinners meal!  Dats hows we am!" - Skwisgaar Skwigelf

therecordingart

Quote from: Just1More on April 03, 2010, 09:28:09 PM

I like the look of the Futurlec ones, but I usually have to drill the hole larger to get it to fit on the pot shaft.

Do you know if these are push-on or if they have a set screw? I need something this small with a set screw.

joegagan

i have a bunch of these, drop me a line. 1/4 inch shaft, brass setscrew, 1/2" dia.

my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

Hides-His-Eyes

Those are seriously cool, how much?

therecordingart

Quote from: joegagan on April 04, 2010, 04:42:32 PM
i have a bunch of these, drop me a line. 1/4 inch shaft, brass setscrew, 1/2" dia.

What color are those? I can't tell by the picture?

joegagan

they are black, bakelight, surplus. mostly looking to trade for stuff i need. would prefer to ship in groups of nine or more.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

Just1More

Quote from: therecordingart on April 04, 2010, 04:31:16 PM
Quote from: Just1More on April 03, 2010, 09:28:09 PM

Do you know if these are push-on or if they have a set screw? I need something this small with a set screw.

Yes, The ones I linked to have a set screw

Pakaloabob

Joe: Those knobs are just what I'm looking for. What are you looking for in trade?

joegagan

sorry, this probably belongs in the classifieds.

there are up to 500 of these available.

minimum i would pack and go to post office with, 10 knobs at .80 ea plus postage.

price breaks at 50 or 100 knobs. you can email me at joegagan@gmail.com

dthurstan

Quote from: philbinator1 on April 04, 2010, 12:29:50 PM
Small knobs.  Heehee.    ;D  aw c'mon, am I the only one that saw that?  Yes?   :icon_eek:

It's the 1st thing I thought of when I saw this post.  ;D

StereoKills

Quote from: dthurstan on April 07, 2010, 12:42:50 PM
Quote from: philbinator1 on April 04, 2010, 12:29:50 PM

It's the 1st thing I thought of when I saw this post.  ;D

"Sometimes it takes a thousand notes to make one sound"