frequencycentral Verified Dr Boogie layout - no offboard wiring!

Started by frequencycentral, April 04, 2010, 01:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalunderdog

Hi guys, wondering how to mod this to utilize the raw-vintage-modern mod that I've seen in some other builds. Seems the 1uf input cap is taken out and toggle with 1uf-none-22uf is replaced. I don't have the 1uf input cap on my build, only 100uf electrolytics...Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

6ths3ns3

unfortunately this pcb is not corect.
if you study the electronic layout there are 2 power supply from 9v called ua and ub
acoording to electronic layout ua and ub connect diferent conponents not like in this pcb
do not build this pcb is not correct.

stallik

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

auden100

Looks to me that the two voltages VA and VB are provided with R1 and R2. Can you take another look? Or show the schematic you are using?
Illustrator by day. Pedal tinkerer by night.
www.artstation.com/auden

6ths3ns3

its the gaussmarkov electronic layout. according to this,for example drain of jfet q5 is connected to vb rail of power supply not like in this pcb at va.i dont know if this change the behavior of dr boogie i just notice that.the supply vb and va in this pcb not corresponding to gausmarkov.

auden100

I now see what you mean. VA and VB are indeed reversed. I've never made this layout, but I don't believe this change would have an audible effect since Q1 through Q4 all use trimmers to set a specific voltage and  Q5 is just an output buffer.
Illustrator by day. Pedal tinkerer by night.
www.artstation.com/auden

6ths3ns3

If someone above tell its working fine then its ok.
I just noticed that.
Thanks.

gmikalef

Hi guys,

can someone tell me where I can find the bill of materials and a schematic  for Dr. Boogie please?
I am searching the internet for a couple of days now and I have not find a post that has all the information.

Regards,
George.

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//