Author Topic: pix of Custom built guitar amps/cabs  (Read 246983 times)

drteming

Re: pix of Custom built guitar amps/cabs
« Reply #700 on: October 21, 2017, 03:44:29 PM »
Humble little build.  My first foray into the high voltage world of tube amps.  Original creator here:  http://www.frontiernet.net/~jff/pipsqueak_pentode/Pentode_DIY_guitar_amp.html.  Like the original author, I built the amp in a dead PC power supply chassis.  The only modification was a 3.3ohm 3W resistor for the filament winding.  The transformer was putting out 7.3V.

I have a bunch of different EF95 tubes for a headphone amp and was looking for something simple.  The 6AK6 power tubes are pretty cheap too.  Nice clean sound.

bluebunny

« Reply #701 on: October 22, 2017, 03:54:35 PM »
^^ Neat.  Like it a lot.   :icon_cool:
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

drteming

This is silly.
« Reply #702 on: November 11, 2017, 11:35:38 AM »
Cobbled together a little cabinet to go with the little amp using some scrap plywood and hand tools.  My woodworking skills leave a lot to be desired.  Got the four 4 1/2" full range speakers from Parts Express for cheap.  Sounds exactly like what one would expect from little speakers, thin, no bottom end, but it's hilarious.

davent

« Reply #703 on: November 11, 2017, 01:43:33 PM »
It is what it is sonically, visually a very cool little setup. The cab looks exactly right!

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown