Rate my new Project: MERKEN!!! (with video)

Started by richon, April 05, 2010, 05:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slade

Quote from: dschwartz on April 06, 2010, 03:58:23 PM
Quote from: Slade on April 06, 2010, 12:12:41 PM
Hey, Daniel, what Jfet configuration do you prefer for High Gain circuits like this? I don't think several CS cascaded stages would make it sound more gainy and less noisy at the time...
Cheers, dude.

Richon, you should make another video with better audio for everybody here can have a objective opinion, I'm'sure you have made a good pedal but the sound isn't that good, you have the equipment, don't you?! :icon_mrgreen:
I´m quite convinced now that the type of device used has little to do with tone compared with filtering, voicing and gain calibration.
I totally agree with that. Thanks!

dschwartz

Quote from: richon on April 06, 2010, 04:14:45 PM

It's really hard to desing and modify for a style you're not used to: METAL /HARD-ROCK..

hahaha, i can see that, i wouldn´t be able to design a pedal for reggeaton!!!

metal pedals are not that hard, they just need more filtering, gain, and good layout techniques.
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

richon

Quote from: dschwartz on April 06, 2010, 05:14:36 PM
hahaha, i can see that, i wouldn´t be able to design a pedal for reggeaton!!!

I am:  MUTE PEDAL!!!!  :icon_mrgreen:

PS: is it better to have huge (or big enough) coupling caps at last where you can't have any motorboating caused by previous stages?
Richon - Ricardo
Viña del Mar
Chile
www.richon.cl

dschwartz

it depends, coupling caps work as HPF´s, if you make them too big, you may have unstable bias issues, and of course, farting bass response..
for high gain distortions, keeping low freqs away from the signal helps for clarity and articulation.
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

richon

post of results

4,7nF and 10nF parallel to Volume Pot (100K-A)...   great way to have less treble (still usable) but this way makes the Treble and the Presence pots (in my desing) almoust with no posible use... asi que caps almoust kill all the unusable treble, but the pots won't have much to work on

2X o 3X the coupling caps in the last stage (and so on) makes like a OHMP bass appear, but loose clarity (more as the cap gets bigger)

so its better to have the coupling caps in the  right size and regulate the other frecs to make the bass more present.... as we need very tight and clear bass sounds
Richon - Ricardo
Viña del Mar
Chile
www.richon.cl