News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Trotsky

Started by axemurderforhire, April 06, 2010, 12:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axemurderforhire

How Do everyone. I've been trying to sort out an issue i have with this build for the past few days now. i used Dano's schematic, i've checked and rechecked and re built it twice now and still no sound.

When i have the pedal on bypass its clear as day but then the effect is switched on nothing, i've gone over the debuging thread over and over again.

I measured the Transistor (a 3094)
C = 2.85
B = 0.18
E = 0.26

I measured the power to the out put and i get 0.28 volts

when i put a lead in to the input jack the value's change

C=2.85
B=0.19
C=0.11

and i cant measure power at any other points i.e pots or connections

Can anyone help me

GibsonGM

Please post the schematic.  The voltages on the transistors are off for sure...check for bad solder joints, and be sure the transistors are in the board facing the right way! 
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

axemurderforhire

Oops  

Schematic http://www.beavisaudio.com/projects/TrotskyDrive/

had the transistor wrong was but still the same

C = 2.88
B = 0.01
E = 0.88

Battery voltage is 9.28 so not issues with a flat battery. when the current passed the first resistor it go's down to 2.89 in to the gain pot then out at 2.83. All pots are set to max.

I'm using ceramic's for all the capacitors and i have double checked all the resistor values ,im using a 47k audio and 100k audio pot. It worked fine on the bread board i just cant figure this out