A poster with symbols and pinouts

Started by served, April 20, 2010, 04:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

served

Hi to all.

I once in a while think about creating a poster for my self, to stick it on to my wall or on my table.
So that I could check different pinouts for
LED-ds
Diodes,
Transistors,
Coomon op amps.
Offboard wiring scheme.
Potensiometer numbering.
Maybe somekind of formulas.

I have gathered some info and pictures, but I am a little bit slow and would like to get some extra info and help to get max from the thing. And the best part is that everyone could print one to them selves, so it would be a really useful thing to lay around.
I am thinking about A3 format coloured and coated with plastic.
If finished and ready, I will deffenetly upload a Ready to print PDF for all of you!

I hope it has not been done before. If it is, then let me know, I will just print it out and dont waste my time.

A.

Fredenando

I think that is a very good idea and probably can be interesting, informative and at last decorative for some.

Brymus

You mean something like this >http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/Brymus/Schematics/PinOuts.pdf.html
One of the guys (Marius Boye Skaatan) at SSguitar.com made this I use it all the time.
It has Transister ,Fet,BJT,Mosfet pinouts,and a resistor color chart and a cap cross refrence chart for uf, to n, to pf, converting
As well as some other helpful info
Click on download document for a really useful PDF
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

Brymus

I think expanding on what he has done to include diodes and opamps and a few useful formulas like ohms law and filters,ect
Is a great idea.
Maybe include 3pdt wiring,DC jack wiring,and a drill bit cross refrence chart as well
I would definetly find it useful VS looking at different PDFs for the info
Bryan

Edit > and include LED resistor info too,maybe common Hammond enclosure sizes and a drill template or two ?
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

Boogdish

I have pieces of paper pinned to my wall above my workbench with diagrams drawn on them.  Whenever I need something new I find it, draw it and pin it.  When I don't need something anymore, I take it down; it's simple and it always makes sense to me.  A poster would definitely look a lot nicer; if you don't know anything about electronics I just look like a madman who pins his drawings of strange symbols to his wall. 

served

Aron Has a really well made document. I think should ask him if I could use the info he has in it and take the necessary info as screenshots and then put some info on the poster.
That mad man thing is actually what I have at the moment on my wall  :icon_lol: I get series of claims that I should clean up my room... It looks like a mess.

But one thing that should be kept in mind. There is not enough space for every thing. Some things has to be left out.
As I have not started yet, I think I will wait some more days,