Jordan Vico Vibe

Started by Renegadrian, May 01, 2010, 07:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegadrian

Found that discussion on the other forum - I want to share this layout with you...
Not yet verified, but it follows the original PCB...

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

AM

Thanks for posting this.
I was wondering if anybody has built it already. I read about volume drop issues when the circuit is engaged.
I'm looking for a design which can go from relatively smooth to on-off type of trem. Parts count and size seems reasonable on this one. I thought of building the Tremulus Lune but I decided against it. I want something that can fit in a small box.

Renegadrian

Not built it yet - please report if you do!

AM

Are you sure about the in - out points? The placement looks a bit weird to me. Shouldn't be some high value resistor there? If I build it I will also omit the DPDT switch. It would make sense to have the switch between the in and out, no?

Renegadrian

Yes I know it's a very strange pedal - I just followed what I read and found at the other forum, tracing an original I believe...
They made a new pcb and then here's my vero.

AM

S%#@*&! I was planning on building it this week but I got an insane amount of work to do. Next week I will be away recording for a CD release, so that's out of question too. It will have to wait for a couple of weeks. If you build it before me, please report. I would be interested to read your opinion. I checked a video on Youtube. It sounds good but I would like to be able to have an even more choppy effect at times.
It's always a problem. I like choppy tremolos like the colorsound or the Vox but I also like the smoother ones. Having two tremolo pedals on my board is out of question for me. I guess this is why I've been stuck with a Line 6 Tap Tremolo for the last year.

Pakaloabob

I know this is an old topic, but I just discovered Renegadrian's layout while looking for info on the Kay tremolo. I did put the Kay together on the breadboard and it is quite choppy. I would like to try the Vico Vibe, but I am having a hard time converting the stripboard layout to a schematic. Does anyone have a schematic they would be willing to share with me? I would appreciate it.
Also, I can't seem to wrap my head around that switch. It looks like a DPT, but the extra wire connection seem to make it into a SPST. I just don't know why ne wouldn't just use two poles instead of making all the extra connections.

EDIT: I was able to trace out what I think is an accurate schematic. I will try to post it later when I am off work. I still have a few questions.
1) What is the 6.4 v diode for?
2) how is the 1m trimpot adjusted?
3) can anyone confirm that the switch simply grounds the working part of the circuit? I think it may be wired as such since it was originally attached to the PCB.

Renegadrian

Sorry for the late reply, the retraced schematic and the pcb are to be found in the other forum.

Pakaloabob

Thanks Adriano, but I am not sure what you mean by the "other forum"

Andr3as

Digging up the dead..

Recently built the vico vibe and it had a HUGE volume drop.
I am considering putting a Jfet preamp/buffer in front of it.
Any ideas?  :)