Tonepad Maestro FSH-1 latout?

Started by macombaland, May 03, 2010, 01:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macombaland

Does anyone have version 2 layout for the Maestro FSH-1 on tonepad?  It wont load and I really want to build it.  I have emailed the guys at the site with no reply
http://www.tonepad.com/project.asp?id=50

gigimarga

Quote from: macombaland on May 03, 2010, 01:19:48 AM
Does anyone have version 2 layout for the Maestro FSH-1 on tonepad?  It wont load and I really want to build it.  I have emailed the guys at the site with no reply
http://www.tonepad.com/project.asp?id=50

I sent it to you :)

tyronethebig

I'm also looking for this project file, the site keeps rerouting me to some advertisement...I hope they aren't hacked
I'm not, not licking toads!
-Homer

chromesphere

Yeah looks hacked to me to.  I saw some clown was doing some ha><or bullsh!t a while ago to the site as well.  Sorry for the profanity.  These people get my blood boiling.

Edit: The redirection only appears to be on the effect project list.  If your fast enough to find and click the effect name, you can still access the project file.

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube

tyronethebig

No worries, that kinda thing makes me mad as well. I've found that I can just press the stop load page and it sometimes works. Got the layout, making the board...we'll see how this puppy comes out.
I'm not, not licking toads!
-Homer

chromesphere

I love the FSH1, its great!  If you have problems getting the circuit going (when you get to that stage) i would recommend reading this thread:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=69381.msg758448#msg758448

Also, the MAX1044 can be replaced with an LT1054 which is cheaper and has higher current and voltage limits.

And finally, I made video of the FSH i built.  It briefly shows the tonepad mods if you are trying to decide to include them or not and also how to wire up an LFO led and an 'effect level' led or whatever you would call it, which i find incredibly useful for getting feedback:

http://www.youtube.com/user/chromespherecom?feature=mhum#p/a/u/2/5x_2F6iOYkg

Hope it helps and good luck!  Its a great effect!

Paul.

paulyy

I've built this awhile ago and it works great but I keep burning the power opamp. A max1044. I've read there not the best to use for this project so I used a tc7660 and it works but now I get ticking when bypassed. I didnt get this when I was using the max1044. When I get some extra funds, I will try the LT1054CP  to see if its better than the tc7660. I read on the reveiws at Tonpade that someone was able get rid of the ticking by using a .033uf cap with the opamp but he didnt really explain how he did it. I'm guessing he wired it with the power supply? not sure. Maybe I'll try emailing him. Any body else have any thoughts about this. Thanks.

Pyr0

chromesphere

Hey paulyy, sorry to correct you like a schmuck, but the chip is a 'charge pump' not an op amp (operation amplifer).  Just so you know.

Anyway, Dont touch the MAX1044.  You have seen various posts of mine condemning the chip.  I have had sooooooooooooo many fail, its ridiculous.  I built 5 rangemasters, all of them burnt out.  Not only does the MAX fail from over current / voltage, I think there is something else going on with it which i could never work out, but had something to do with the MAX, kind of locks up and just continuely gets hotter and hotter until it burns out.  Yeah, it really is a piece of crap.

I would use an LT1054 or even better, a TC1044.  Ive recently found that the low noise TC1044scpa isnt just a fancy model number.  I used one in a VERY noisey FL301 and it made a significant improvement (although sadly, still too noisy).  My FSH1 has a bit of noise when engaged, so if i was sourcing parts, id try the tc1044scpa (the one on Mammoth) first.

Good luck, hope you get it going.

And dont buy another MAX.  Please.  Their contributing to landfill :)

Paul

paulyy

I meant charge pump ;D. Thanks for the replie. I will look into the other charge pumps. The max1044 is a waste off money for this project. I just need to figure out how to get rid of the ticking when the pedal is not in use. After reading some more reviews on tonpade. Someone said to remove the .033 cap or at least thats what I got from the post. I thought he meant add a .033 cap. I wouldnt hurt to try I guess.