CTS 137 potentiometer data sheet?

Started by peps1, May 04, 2010, 09:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peps1

Anyone got a copy of the CTS 137 potentiometer data sheet.......really need to know the pitch/lug spacing.

peps1

joegagan

which series?

137 refers to the mfgr code, CTS

you can find your series here:

http://www.ctscorp.com/components/potentiometers.htm

then, each series has a pdf doc you can download, for example the 450 series, which is the regular size pot like fender guitars used for many years

http://www.ctscorp.com/components/Datasheets/450sp.pdf
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

peps1

CTS Series 450   :D

was looking for the long legged 90° 450 used in vintage EH, DOD and MXR

zombiwoof

Quote from: peps1 on May 04, 2010, 08:17:03 PM
CTS Series 450   :D

was looking for the long legged 90° 450 used in vintage EH, DOD and MXR

I think Small Bear sells a pot for those, but probably not CTS.  I'll bet that the CTS version was an OEM pot that the companies had made specifically for them, and not a commonly available pot.

Al

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: zombiwoof on May 05, 2010, 03:45:40 PMI think Small Bear sells a pot for those, but probably not CTS.  I'll bet that the CTS version was an OEM pot that the companies had made specifically for them, and not a commonly available pot.

He's interested in the pot lead spacing to map out and duplicate a scale replica of the 70's DOD 250 circuit board layout. The 16mm Alpha angled mount pots (like I'm using) will work but their lead spacing (converted from mm) is 0.2" apart and from shaft centerline they are 0.63" away.
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

zombiwoof

Quote from: Steve Mavronis on May 05, 2010, 04:01:23 PM
Quote from: zombiwoof on May 05, 2010, 03:45:40 PMI think Small Bear sells a pot for those, but probably not CTS.  I'll bet that the CTS version was an OEM pot that the companies had made specifically for them, and not a commonly available pot.

He's interested in the pot lead spacing to map out and duplicate a scale replica of the 70's DOD 250 circuit board layout. The 16mm Alpha angled mount pots (like I'm using) will work but their lead spacing (converted from mm) is 0.2" apart and from shaft centerline they are 0.63" away.

OK, so he wants to make his board with the spacing of the available Alpha pot, not the original CTS version (if it had different spacing), correct?.

Al

Steve Mavronis

I'm not sure. I'm assuming now that he wants the exact spacing that the original had. I guess unless you can find some actual CTS pots from the era you could just wire up regular lugs if you had to.
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

peps1

Was looking for the original spacing used on the DOD250 board (5.97mm according to CTS same as Series 450) used 5.97mm as with this spacing you could use the available, and can easily re drill for a alfa 5mm pitch, or use jumpers on the pads for random pitches.