Tonepad wah - dunlop/vox?

Started by philbinator1, May 10, 2010, 05:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbinator1

Hey guys, I'm looking to use this layout off tonepad for a vox wah:

http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=114

but was wondering, is it closer to vox or dunlop?  I'm gonna be installing the board in my vox then selliing, so
would like something close to vox sound for it.  Also so the new owner can say they have a vox circuit in there.

thanks in advance,
phil   :)
"Hows are we's?  We's in the f*cking middle of a dinners meal!  Dats hows we am!" - Skwisgaar Skwigelf

zombiwoof

Those component choices are pretty much the ones that are used in the modern crybabys and voxes, but not like the vintage values.  They use high gain trannies (MPSA18) and a couple of resistor values that are different than a vintage vox (or crybaby, for that matter).  Old wahs used lower gain trannies, and a couple of different values for resistors.  But if you just want it to sound like a modern Dunlop Crybaby/Vox (Dunlop until recently made the Vox 847/848, now the 847A is made in China), that setup will do fine.

Al

philbinator1

Excellent, thanks for that info Al.  I can go ahead and install/sell with more confidence now   :)
"Hows are we's?  We's in the f*cking middle of a dinners meal!  Dats hows we am!" - Skwisgaar Skwigelf