a stripped down AMPEG Scrambler - hemmo circuit, anyone has it?

Started by nordine, May 16, 2010, 10:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nordine

hey there, im looking for a circuit that was posted long time ago, it was a reduced-but nastier- version of the ampeg scrambler, by hemmo (the creator of the bazz fuss), anyone has it? thanks

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

slacker

joegagan

my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

moosapotamus

The Lo-Fi Anti Scrambla, is this the one you're thinking of...?

If so, funny coincidence... I just finished building this last night. Sounds great and it's LOUD. I made a few additional mods of my own...

Modified Scrambla Schematic

The gain control didn't do much for me, so I left it out.
I replaced the 10uF in the clean signal path with a SHO circuit.
I ditched the blend control in favor of separate controls for CLEAN and for FUZZ.
Here's some pics. I haven't had a chance to pick out knobs, yet.

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

nordine

Quote from: moosapotamus on May 17, 2010, 05:45:39 PM
The Lo-Fi Anti Scrambla, is this the one you're thinking of...?

If so, funny coincidence... I just finished building this last night. Sounds great and it's LOUD. I made a few additional mods of my own...

Modified Scrambla Schematic

The gain control didn't do much for me, so I left it out.
I replaced the 10uF in the clean signal path with a SHO circuit.
I ditched the blend control in favor of separate controls for CLEAN and for FUZZ.
Here's some pics. I haven't had a chance to pick out knobs, yet.

~ Charlie

hot damn!
thats the one, moosapotamus you da man -fellow bass player, right?-, holy synchronicities....... i lost that one in an infamous episode... and thought i would never get to see it again

its badass as badass, i recomend it to anyone.... and while we are at it, any soundsamples?  ;D

moosapotamus

Yeah, I'll be playing my bass through this. 8) No clips yet, but I might have a chance to record some this weekend.

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."