Adding A Level/Mix Adjustment To A Boss BF2 Flanger

Started by nast2112, January 01, 2004, 02:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nast2112

I really love the flange sounds of the BOss BF2 flanger, however, it gives a volume boost when activated that I do not care for.  I'm looking to possibly add some sort of level adjustment to it.  Suggestions?

Thanks
Chris

smoguzbenjamin

Take the output of the effect & add a trimpot to wire as a volume pot. Simple enough...

I have a BF-2 but I'm too scared of damaging it. And I'm not that bothered by the volume boost :)
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

nast2112

Quote from: smoguzbenjaminTake the output of the effect & add a trimpot to wire as a volume pot. Simple enough...quote]

What size pot would you recommend? 100K?

Thanks again
Chris

smoguzbenjamin

Mmmm I guess a 100k log would do just fine. :) I use whatever pot I can find (I have loads lying around) but I like 100k the best. Don't know why, it just feels better :)

But yeah go and get yourself a 100k log trimpot. If they don't have log that's not a problem just get a linear one, but logarithmic pots usually feel better, there's an article about that on www.geofex.com

But anyway, going to watch a movie now :)
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

flintstoned

hey, just reviving an old thread, trying to do the same. would a trimpot on the output work? first i tried to put in trimpots at r32 then r33 but that affected the buffered signal too, then i found this thread and was wondering if this would affect the buffered signal the same way. can anyone see a better way?

(http://www.schematicheaven.com/effects/boss_bf2_flanger.pdf)
I forgot what I was gonna say here.

flintstoned

For any future searchers r29 is the one you wanna replace. I used a trimpot so I don't have the exact value to swap for but that's really a taste preference anyways.
I forgot what I was gonna say here.