I thought about these but meh

Before amp: rangemaster, fuzz, more fuzz
Before amp: Orange Squeezer, TS-9, Rat
Loop: Chorus, delay, Boost
Loop: Chorus, delay, reverb

Only 6 knobs
Know any good combo's?

Hides-His-Eyes

It looks like a cool idea as it is to be honest!

Pre i'd go Fuzz Drive Comp, maybe with a toggle for Pre/post compression

prnet

what about a modulation box?

phase90 (1pot)
small clone (2pots)
delay (tipically 3 pots)

FlyingZ

Unity could be set for all but the last volume to save in knobs.

I was wondering if someone had experience with a specific combination working unusually well together.

petemoore

I was wondering if someone had experience with a specific combination working unusually well together.
  There are so many ways to configure more than one effect, it makes it hard to ponder and relate about 3 in 1.
  Delay at the end usually works out nice, otherwise it'll mud everything after it.
  Phase or Chorus as the 1rst and 2nd seems logical in ways:
  you get choice of phase or chorus where the fuzz or whatever can get in them, they have the delay after, choice of phase+chorus also available.
  Phase and Chorus [one or the other as the first stage] leaves for more preponderances [bypass and routing options which still require 3 switches:
  1 phase or chorus switch
  1 phase or chorus bypass
  1 delay switch.
  Or a complete bypass switch.
  Just describing 1 possible method pretty much entails choices and options, also makes it sound like it's a suggested block diagram...
  Phase // Chorus // Delay [// means bypass], is where I'd start.
  Delay is something I'd definitely have in my chain, last, choosing chorus [or phase] and making the 1rst stage a neutron [space permitting] is another option.
  The second best way I found is to draw the block diagrams.
  The way I chose was to test-box each 'thing' first with BP and I/O jacks for pre-testing chain positions and tweeks to make every one happy with the others, then install all that or the second batch into the multi-effect box.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Brymus

Whats wrong with the effects already in the box?
IMHO that looks like a cool effect to keep and restore rather than gut/rebuild.
You could tweak whats already there and and make it even better.
I like Petes idea of I/O jacks too re patch the order they effect in.
I took my old (circa 94') Zoom multi effect and re capped it with good caps and it never sounded so good.
That Cort looks like it would be more analog than digital based IDK,just a thought before you gut it.
You could do alot if its analog inside and not a multi pre programmed chip.

If you do gut it why not make modules and just have it so you can pull the individual effects and swap them out.That with I/O jacks so you can patch them would be really cool.Some extra switches and a third pot for each effect mounted on the slope inbetween the two on top.
Or even use 9mm pots and mount them on top with those super slim knobs.
You could get really fancy and have two effects for each bay with a switch to chose then you could have like a TS/FF a Rangmaster/OS and Trem/Autowah or Chorus,you get the idea.Whatever you use the most.Then you would have 6 pedals in one enclosure and be able to route them in any order that isnt a pair on a single switch.
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

FlyingZ

Quote from: Brymus on May 25, 2010, 08:44:42 PM
Totally uninspired junk

While I ponder what to do with the box I search for a project for the chips, perhaps a Zombie.

mth5044

petemoore

Totally uninspired junk
  It looks newer, like not long after Tui junk went out of style.
  Now I'm curious too, since I forgot to ask. What's in there ?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

FlyingZ

Quote from: petemoore on May 25, 2010, 10:37:58 PM
What's in there ?
I assume Photobucket is blocked for you.
4 - 4558DD
2 - MN3102
2 - MN3207
1 - MN3204

MikeH

You should put a distortion, compressor, analog delay, and a chorus... just saying.  :)
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

FlyingZ

Well i finally decided what three things wouldn't create complications with my switching style.

Some nice sounds  :)

All GE except Fuzz Face, I have yet to find a good pair even after trying SB overpriced transistors, fool me once :icon_neutral:

Gus Smalley boost for BMP tone gain recovery

FlyingZ

delete

FlyingZ

FlyingZ

delete

mth5044

Sounded and looks great! What's the big white guy on the bottom right of your board with all the plugs?

FlyingZ

Two loops with relays so I can hit the TS9 in front of the amp and delay in the loop at once for leads.

I screwed up the vid again  :icon_cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sblxVsAHBoM

Slade

Quote from: mth5044 on August 06, 2010, 09:25:16 PM
Sounded and looks great! What's the big white guy on the bottom right of your board with all the plugs?
+1
Awesome pedal FlyingZ!

FlyingZ

Didn't want a bump but needed to update the link. Fuzz / Tonebender / Rangemaster all at once sound sample:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM9kmXByPSM