frequencycentral "OBSESSION" Guitar Amplifier

Started by frequencycentral, May 28, 2010, 03:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidallancole

obblitt

These look pretty sweet. Very impressive! How loud do these things get?

obblitt

And by "loud", I mean perceived volume. Not dB.

Blackface007

Hi Rick,
for me Rick is an amp guru. Great Rick. I love it.

Do you think someday to share the schematic with us?

Thank a lot Rick

Regards

teej212

how many watts?  can you play clean and loud?

frequencycentral

Did you see the MkII? (the MkI was too difficult to build).

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Govmnt_Lacky

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: frequencycentral on January 24, 2012, 02:02:00 PM
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on January 24, 2012, 01:35:32 PM
Soundclip?  :o

I actually don't own one at the moment.  :icon_redface:

Well neither do I but, I still would like to hear a soundclip  :icon_lol:

Either way, the work is stunning as usual Rick!  :o
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

beauregardless

Oh my GOD this looks incredible!  I just joined and have spent the last 3 hours checking out various things but KEEP GETTING HUNG UP ON RICK'S DESIGNS.

The last update on this dude was almost 2 years ago, any word on this ever becoming an item for purchase?  If not, any hope of ever getting our hands on the build detail? :icon_lol:

Seriously, though...as someone just getting into DIY pedal/mods/builds, ALL of the ideas you've put forth are in-crd-di-ble.

thomasha

Thanks Rick! This amp was my inspiration, now i'm working on something similar:

The amp is running with 220V provided by the max1771 smps, has a 12ax7 as preamp and a 12au7 as cathode follower and SE power amp.
BMP tonestack, gain and master volume.
I'm trying to get a little bit more distortion from the preamp to use it before solid state amps right after the master volume.
Build in effects would be nice, but i think it wouldn't fit in a 1590b, so, no chance to test the little tremolo from the vibratone submini amp...
cheers!
Thomas

therealfindo

Quote from: beauregardless on September 08, 2013, 07:18:20 AM
Oh my GOD this looks incredible!  I just joined and have spent the last 3 hours checking out various things but KEEP GETTING HUNG UP ON RICK'S DESIGNS.

The last update on this dude was almost 2 years ago, any word on this ever becoming an item for purchase?  If not, any hope of ever getting our hands on the build detail? :icon_lol:

Seriously, though...as someone just getting into DIY pedal/mods/builds, ALL of the ideas you've put forth are in-crd-di-ble.

Ditto! I wouldn't mind buying one of these..  :)

thomasha

The final result, not as good as Rick's but still in a 1590b:

Thomas

Maik

thomasha

From my series of new videos, old amps, I'm reviving this thread.

Now with the small Marshalls, Fenders, Vox, Palmer, MPF, Wangs available it looks like there a lot of this kind of small amplifiers around, every brand has one!

Well most of them use a real PT, and not a SMPS, but still...

It really sounds nice with a bigger speaker, but the camera mic has it's limitations.

Hope you like it.