modding Boss TU-2 for true bypass

Started by bent, June 15, 2010, 05:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bent

Hi,
I mod a few of my boss for always ON by "shorting" one of the JFET ....

But with the TU-2 i just can't find a way to put always ON...I found that connecting J5 to J7 makes the LED ON, but not the effect....

anyone have a hint ?

bent
Long live the music.....

gtrgeo

I do not have a direct answer for you but this site may be able to help. www.clicklesstruebypass.com. There is a video on the site that shows how to install a bypass kit in a TU-2 pedal that may help you out.

I have no affiliation with this company or website other than I recently purchased a couple of his kits after meeting Jack at a show and have yet to try them so I cannot comment on there effectiveness.

George

zombiwoof

Quote from: gtrgeo on June 18, 2010, 01:35:10 PM
I do not have a direct answer for you but this site may be able to help. www.clicklesstruebypass.com. There is a video on the site that shows how to install a bypass kit in a TU-2 pedal that may help you out.

I have no affiliation with this company or website other than I recently purchased a couple of his kits after meeting Jack at a show and have yet to try them so I cannot comment on there effectiveness.

George

Wow, that is a cool product!  I hope he puts up more instructions/videos of how to install it on other pedals besides Boss/Ibanez.
I think the OP can figure out his problem by checking out those install instructions for the TU-2.

Al