Anyone has a PCB for EHX Attack Decay?

Started by gigimarga, June 18, 2010, 06:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gigimarga

Hello,

After I've finished a Boss Slow Gear clone (but I still don't know if it works at his best, even after I tested over 30 FETs...) and a PAIA Gator (it seems to me to work better than Slow Gear, but it is very strange to set it...), I've found that the most complicated stompbox of this type is EHX Attack Decay. I found a factory schematic of it (http://sites.google.com/site/electroconducive/schematics), but it's too complicated for my skills/knowledges to make a PCB for it.

Anyone knows where I can find a PCB for it?

Thank you very much!

Hides-His-Eyes

It's a very big request, and the sort of thing that almost nobody would have any use for- you can hardly be surprised that nobody's made one!

gigimarga

Quote from: Hides-His-Eyes on June 19, 2010, 06:36:44 AM
It's a very big request, and the sort of thing that almost nobody would have any use for- you can hardly be surprised that nobody's made one!

I had that feeling when I've wrote this post...:)

skunkworks

You can get the same effect by by using a Craig Anderton Ultra fuzz and a slow gear together. The order needs to be guitar, ultra fuzz then slow gear. The ultra fuzz has a noise gate built in which will give the notes an abrupt end and the slow gear will give the note swelled beginning. Together this gives a backwards sound. As far as I know the ultra fuzz is still available from Paia as a kit . I built one from Paia's kits and can say for a fact that it is an amazing fuzz on its own.The only problem was the output was so high I ended up putting a 1 meg resistor between the input and the board to keep from blowing speakers.You will be limited to single notes. Anyway this should give you the backward sound your looking for a lot easier than building the e-h model.

gigimarga

Quote from: skunkworks on June 20, 2010, 04:37:52 PM
You can get the same effect by by using a Craig Anderton Ultra fuzz and a slow gear together. The order needs to be guitar, ultra fuzz then slow gear. The ultra fuzz has a noise gate built in which will give the notes an abrupt end and the slow gear will give the note swelled beginning. Together this gives a backwards sound. As far as I know the ultra fuzz is still available from Paia as a kit . I built one from Paia's kits and can say for a fact that it is an amazing fuzz on its own.The only problem was the output was so high I ended up putting a 1 meg resistor between the input and the board to keep from blowing speakers.You will be limited to single notes. Anyway this should give you the backward sound your looking for a lot easier than building the e-h model.

Hello skunkworks!
I can't get an Ultra Fuzz, but I hope that I will received these days a PCB for a Comparator Fuzz. I have a Slow Gear (I must to have time to test more FETs, but it's working), so I will try what you said.
The mainly problem is that I want to obtain the backward sound more for a clear guitar than for a fuzzed one :(
Thanks a lot!

newperson

not really diy, but have you checked out the pigtronix attack sustain?  a used one might be close to what you would pay for diy.

gigimarga

Quote from: newperson on June 21, 2010, 03:45:26 PM
not really diy, but have you checked out the pigtronix attack sustain?  a used one might be close to what you would pay for diy.

I looked at it, but it's too expensive for me :(

Gila_Crisis

for the slow gear, have you followed all the mods suggested for this pedal?

or did you check out this new guyatone pedal?
http://guyatone.com/Svm5.php

gigimarga

Quote from: Gila_Crisis on June 23, 2010, 04:27:30 AM
for the slow gear, have you followed all the mods suggested for this pedal?

or did you check out this new guyatone pedal?
http://guyatone.com/Svm5.php

Which are the mods for Slow Gear that you talk about?  I only raised the tantalum cap from 0.47uF to 0.68uF :)

Wooow...new Guyatone sounds very good and seems to have all the controls that I want :)
After the end of the crisis I will try to buy one :)