V847 board build

Started by TheWaker43, June 20, 2010, 06:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWaker43

hey folks
I had an stock v847 for years and never was crazy about it.  Well a couple years ago I got the Area 51 kit and installed it in the shell of the Vox.  I liked it so much I sent it back and got all the mods installed.  They all sound great but I tend to use the stock settings the most. Anyway I now basically have a v847 wah without an encloser.  So, as the Area 51 has pretty much ended my search for a wah, I am really just looking for ideas of something fun to build and use these parts that have been sitting in a box for over a year.  I was wanting something different, maybe put it in a regular Hammond type box and use it as a tone control/ fixed wah.  Any ideas for a cool, fun project?  Also as I said earlier I love the Area 51 in the stock settings, any mods for the v847 that come close.  Thanks
Casey

zombiwoof

AFAIK the Area 51 wah is just a Vox Clyde McCoy or similar clone, so read this stuff:

http://fuzzcentral.ssguitar.com/mccoy.php

You could have just modded the stock V847 board to get pretty much what the Area 51 wah gives you.  It only takes a few component changes.

Al

Joe Hart

Build a box with the wah guts and a knob for the wah pot and have a "%^&*ed wah" pedal.
-Joe Hart