The J Haible new vocoder project is taking shape!

Started by StephenGiles, June 30, 2010, 04:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

http://www.jhaible.de/vocoder/living_vocoder.html

Some circuitry has been posted, some of which may be useful for control voltaging (good verb that - Spanish controlvoltagar!!!) but it won't fit into a 1590 :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Mark Hammer

Oh that's just sick.  That's a pound of solder, that thing.

While I'm glad he went with LM13600s, in stead of 3080 chips, wouldn't it be easier to simply buy an EHX "Iron Lung"?

oldschoolanalog

Since when did "easier to simply buy" become a reason for not torturing oneself? :icon_lol:
Besides, all of J Haible's designs "go to eleven". ;D
Seriously. The component count/cost (even when purchasing components in lots of 100) is a bit prohibitive for most of us mortals.
Big time respect for JH. He never ceases to amaze!
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

StephenGiles

I'm sure there are some very clever bits in the control circuitry :icon_biggrin:
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Taylor

Wow. I was about to make a joke to the tune of "he's going to have a hard time fitting an icthys on a board that packed", but nevermind, I looked again - he managed.  :icon_rolleyes:

I am always impressed by the scope of his projects.

Mark Hammer

...as am I.  I don't know what Jurgen does for a living, or what his circumstances are, but for a lot of us, his exquisite projects represent all the free time and cash we might be able to assemble in...maybe...4 months.  Again, not a criticism, just a reflection of the differing circumstances that "the DIY life" has to fit itself into.