thanks, and Small Bear transistors

Started by TheWaker43, July 09, 2010, 06:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWaker43

hey
     Just wanted to say thanks for all the help over the past few weeks.  I have received two of the four orders I made recently.  All told I spent about $300 on components and parts.  Mouser shipped same day and arrived two days later.  It was my largest and consisted mostly of resistors, caps, etc.  It seems, with the help from this board, I was able to navigate Mouser and order everything correct.  And thanks Aron, the switches and jacks arrived soon very quickly and great shipping rates.  Still waiting on Small Bear, which should be here tomorrow, and a Futurlec order, who knows, email said it shipped but nothing more.  I order enough components to mod a DS-1 that has been sitting in a box for years, as well as a Russian Muff v7.  Currently having trouble with that one.  Also the beginner project, a SHO, Fuzz Face, and when I get more confident a Green Bomb Fuzz.  Plus I will have tons of left overs for random stuff. 
     I did order a pair of Small Bear "All American" PNP transistors.  I also bought a FF board off eBay like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Fuzz-Face-Circuit-Board-Clone-PCB-/140423741677?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item20b1e840ed Not sure why I picked that particular pair.  I plan to socket the board and was wondering if anybody had a comparison between the different Small Bear trannys.  If this one goes well I might like to pick up a few diffrent pairs and build another one or two. 
Again thanks
casey