News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

386d vs 386l

Started by wanderoo222, July 14, 2010, 06:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wanderoo222

Newbie here, Hey everyone. I have a old smokey amp that has stopped working. I check the power, speaker , and input jack contacts on the circuit board. speaker works fine. I think it must be the IC or Caps. Will a JRC 386L swap out pin for pin with the jrc 386D thats there now? I also saw Aron's smash drive mod that I would like to try. Thank for any help. :icon_smile:

wanderoo222

is ther a data sheet I could check out?

Bad Chizzle

I'm pretty sure any 386 will work!
I dig hot Asian chicks!

wanderoo222

anchovie

The 386L is a SIP package, the 386D is DIP.
Bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow.

wanderoo222

well that blows, I just ordered a 386L from the diystompboxes store. It was only a buck. Anyone know where I can get a JRC 386D ?

wanderoo222

Just rechecked my order. It was the lm386 i ordered. Is this a DIP IC? I believe it is.

wanderoo222

Just googled it and it is dip! ( singing and dancing ) it's my birthday....I'm a genius... :icon_cool:

zombiwoof

Quote from: wanderoo222 on July 14, 2010, 09:28:15 PM
Just googled it and it is dip! ( singing and dancing ) it's my birthday....I'm a genius... :icon_cool:

386D is DIP, 386L is SIP.
No singing!  No dancing!  No Happy Birthday!

Al

Brymus

The LM386 is in a DIP package - I have some in my drawer,so the party is still on.  :icon_wink:
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

Bad Chizzle

Yeah, and for that matter, if it doesn't work, send my your address in a message and I'll mail you one of mine for free! Yeah, that's how I roll!! Bam!!!!!!!

Chuk
I dig hot Asian chicks!

zombiwoof

Curses!  My attempt to crush his giddiness has come to naught!.  Damn you do-gooders!    ;D

Al

wanderoo222

Thanks all!   My giddiness lives on!