SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Etched enclosures

Started by Johnny Lemonhead, July 15, 2010, 10:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

vigilante397

Finally getting around to posting more pictures. This is a much more successful attempt at art via CNC. It's a stock Big Muff Pi, and I remember seeing this artwork idea posted by someone else on this forum so I decided to steal it :P I think I got the first 300 or so digits.

Switching over to a new "brand name" with a new logo :)

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

italianguy63

That's cool Nathan!  You could do a similar pedal with a "Clutch" / binary theme: 1000011..  And, everybody appreciates a good Sushi Box.   8)

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

vigilante397

Quote from: italianguy63 on June 26, 2015, 01:53:59 AM
That's cool Nathan!  You could do a similar pedal with a "Clutch" / binary theme: 1000011..  And, everybody appreciates a good Sushi Box.   8)

MC

Thanks :) When I saw how well this one turned out I immediately thought of doing a binary job 8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

italianguy63

Super cool...  I had started "branding" the backs of some of mine too:

Great minds think alike!!   ;)

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

bluebunny

Sheesh... you corporates!   ::)

Nice work, both of you.   :)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

duck_arse

Quote from: vigilante397 on June 26, 2015, 01:08:42 AM
.... art via CNC....

awww, CNC? I was so hoping you'd tell us of all the punching you'd done. it looks good, tho.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

rocket8810

wow those all look great. i never thought about branding the back of my boxes.

that big muff is awesome. i love how the SUSHI BOX is hidden at the end in the written out pi. so cool.

vigilante397

Quote from: rocket8810 on June 26, 2015, 08:24:11 PM
i love how the SUSHI BOX is hidden at the end in the written out pi. so cool.

Thanks ;D you can also see VOL GAIN and TONE, as well as BIG MUFF PI hidden in there. The letters are red so they stand out a bit better, but only when caught in the right light  ;)
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

vigilante397

Another engraved one I did a couple weeks ago, this is (yet another) Rebote 2.5. Obviously not a tape delay, but I like putting the tape on top to make people think of that :P Labels are a little off center, but otherwise a very satisfactory pedal. 8)

• SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

statzern

Finally finished my first etched enclosure. Turned out pretty good, couple little boo-boos where my masking was not good enough. Anyway, main thing is it sounds awesome. It's a version of GGG's late 60s fuzz face, with charge pump and AC128's. Really wooly sounding. It's a belated gift for my dad for Father's Day. Hope he digs it!

duck_arse

nice first post, statzern, welcome to the forum.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Jdansti

Welcome statzern! Nice gift for Dad!
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

tubegeek

Speaking as a father, there isn't even the slightest chance he won't dig it. Awesome present!
"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR

deadastronaut

cool first post and first etch...nice prezzie.. 8)

welcome.. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

rocket8810

agreed. and i love that it says "By Odin's Beard." absolutely awesome.

Trippy Demon

Quote from: darron on June 15, 2015, 07:14:52 AM
most people use printer of some sort. i haven't seen a hand-drawn etch here for years i don't think.

I did some handdrawn etches, think I'll do some more when I finally find a new home/workshop

statzern

Thanks everyone. I am getting ready to do my second one. Upping the complexity, hoping for the best. Will post when done!

mfunky

Axis Fuzz enclosure. Amz mini boost.

mfunky

Done.