Author Topic: Etched enclosures  (Read 504838 times)

italianguy63

Re: Etched enclosures
« Reply #2320 on: November 06, 2017, 04:05:54 AM »
cool, came out great man....

why the off centre FS?....by request?

Really?!  So the artwork would fit (of course!)

;D
The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated -- Mark Twain

deadastronaut

« Reply #2321 on: November 06, 2017, 04:07:18 AM »
 :icon_redface:  lol... of course.
http://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
http://deadastronaut.wix.com/index
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

^ SPACE PATROL FUZZ/ NANO-8 MIDI DRUMS /CHASM REVERB / TREMSHIFTER / FAZE FILTER/ABDUCTOR II DELAY pcb's + WAH LIGHT PLATES. and sausa

statzern

« Reply #2322 on: November 06, 2017, 09:26:40 AM »
Has anyone tried filling portions of an etched enclosure manually? I have this design (see below) and would like to fill parts of the bees and the portion behind the control letters (vol, flt, drv) with black. I had considered using permanent marker as it would fit nicely into the recessed areas, but the ink in a permanent marker is not actually black, and has this purple sheen to it. I am going to try putting a matte clear coat over some permanent marker on some scrap tonite and see if that reduces that effect, but I don't have very high expectations. I would use a paint pen but the lines are way too fine for that. Any other suggestions are appreciated!!

EBK

« Reply #2323 on: November 06, 2017, 10:30:14 AM »
Has anyone tried filling portions of an etched enclosure manually? I have this design (see below) and would like to fill parts of the bees and the portion behind the control letters (vol, flt, drv) with black. I had considered using permanent marker as it would fit nicely into the recessed areas, but the ink in a permanent marker is not actually black, and has this purple sheen to it. I am going to try putting a matte clear coat over some permanent marker on some scrap tonite and see if that reduces that effect, but I don't have very high expectations. I would use a paint pen but the lines are way too fine for that. Any other suggestions are appreciated!!

I know of one person who used a syringe full of ink and a microscope for doing that.
No affiliations. If I glowingly mention specific merchants or products, it is because I like them without having to be paid to like them.

stallik

« Reply #2324 on: November 06, 2017, 03:19:31 PM »
And I tried it with a srynge and thinned nail varnish. Looked great until the very last bit!
Please note that it wasnít my nail varnish. Thatís much too precious
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

thomasha

« Reply #2325 on: November 09, 2017, 05:51:36 PM »
finished a build with an etch that came out really nice.
Quite complex drawing, but a lot of the details survived.
for the pedal I used the lowrider schematic available at madbeans

duck_arse

« Reply #2326 on: November 10, 2017, 08:25:35 AM »
thomasha - where did you get the ^ picture of BetterOffShred?
".... the Victoriaís Secret of pedal underwear" - Phillip H
"Who?" - Steven Toast
"No way you cna go wrong" - Juan Wayne
is the duck allowed to walk along the top of the fence?

thomasha

« Reply #2327 on: November 10, 2017, 12:13:14 PM »
you mean the graveyard pipe organ poster?

really nice poster, I was looking for some pipe organ pictures online and that one blew my mind