News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Etched enclosures

Started by Johnny Lemonhead, July 15, 2010, 10:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Deadastronaut,

For what it's worth, your builds are some of the few that make me consider breaking out my wallet.  The combination of cool circuits and great aesthetic execution really works for me.

kupervaser

Hemmel

Bââââ.

vigilante397

Quote from: Hemmel on September 02, 2014, 11:38:46 AM
Quote from: italianguy63 on August 16, 2014, 08:20:54 AM
My first etch looked like Sith!

I totally used that exact picture on a fuzz factory clone for a friend, except I mounted red LEDs behind his eyes. Where did I put that picture...

Please excuse the non-etched pedal in this thread :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

deadastronaut

Quote from: pickdropper on September 01, 2014, 11:16:33 PM
Deadastronaut,

For what it's worth, your builds are some of the few that make me consider breaking out my wallet.  The combination of cool circuits and great aesthetic execution really works for me.

cheers man, coming from you that is indeed a compliment of the highest order....nice one man 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

iq01221

One more approach. It's just a rangemaster with nagaviper tone control and Si/Ge selector :) .

electrosonic

Fuzz Face / Tonebender Mk II in one pedal

Hope to finish it tonight.

LED Fresnel from smallbear.

Andrew.

• SUPPORTER

deadastronaut

^ cool , looks nice and aged when its not sanded.. 8)

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Pettol

My first reversed etch and my first A box too.
I used engine paint on this one. A bit difficult to spray, but it gets hard as a rock, rugged and solvent- and heat-resistant, which also makes toner transfer possible.

And oh, it's a tonebender with russian transistors.

guitarmageddon

^Nice! Those little Russian Ge's are great!

Haven't posted an etch for a while so here's a few...

Fuzz Factory (Russian Ge's in this!)

Stuff with Skulls with Light-up Eyes- always getting asked to do this ;D:

"Booty Thief" (modded Kingslayer)

Compressor

XXXL clone

Light up eyes... (Mighty Mouse clone)

not a skull, but it lights up! ;) (Muff)

another Muffy thing (P19) Love this pic...is it the Devil handing out babies to Nuns?   :icon_lol:

SHOs

Britannia

Grey-scale type etches:

Giger Vibe (univibe)

"Crossroads" Dual PT delays with tap tempo

A three-in-one with a preamp, delay, analogue flanger and belton reverb, for a trumpet player.

Hexjibber

I call this the Doom Face!

Starts with a COT50 (acting as a sort of pre gain/boost) going into a silicon Fuzz Face (Q1 - MPSA13 Darlington / Q2 - BC108) that then goes into a Stratoblaster to push the amp input stage harder.

Also put a rotary input tone cap switch on the FF to dial in extra low end (goes up to 10u) and also more gain. Big caps all round for max low end. The result is a massive saturated wall of fuzz, perfect for dooming out!

noobamp

Quote from: guitarmageddon on September 20, 2014, 01:47:28 AM
another Muffy thing (P19) Love this pic...is it the Devil handing out babies to Nuns?   :icon_lol:

That was a giant batch of Awesome Etches man! you cant go wrong with Satan handing out babies to nuns.....always good times.
nothing like the smell of hot Bovie in the morning....

edy_wheazel

It cannot be compared with the works of art I've seen around here, this is my first etching:

peterg

Quote from: edy_wheazel on September 27, 2014, 02:01:32 PM
It cannot be compared with the works of art I've seen around here, this is my first etching:

Looks great! How did you get it so clean?

vigilante397

Quote from: peterg on September 27, 2014, 10:35:33 PM

+1

Looks worlds better than my first etch, I promise :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

J M Fahey

Congratulations :)

VERY cool  jobs :)

Pettol

+1. Nice and clean.

Speaking of which, I'm doing some tests with reversed etching and I'd like to do one without paint. Anyone got some tips how to get it as clean as possible?

This is what I've accomplished so far with NaOH-etch, quick machine sanding (grit 2000) and some polishing compounds. I still think it's a bit rough.

WhiskeyMadeMeDoIt

Nice pedal man. Love the Art Deco style of it. 

edy_wheazel

Quote from: peterg on September 27, 2014, 10:35:33 PM

I used paper adhesive band (used in construction to protect surfaces). I printed the design on regular paper and put it on top, then with a scalpel I cut off the design. For etching: "second hand" ferric chloride previously used for PCB-s, twice 15 minutes.

peterg

edy_wheazel - Thanks. How did you remove all the carbon from the etch surface? Did you use the same process that Pettol noted?

Pettol - your etch looks great - not rough at all.