sourcing 500k motorized pots

Started by zach, July 19, 2010, 10:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zach

Does anyone know where to find 500k motorized logarithmic (ideally true log) pots?  I need one for a project modding the volume pot on a guitar and am not sure if motorized ones were ever even made that large.  Alps is the only company I can find that makes them and, as far as I can tell, they only go up to 100k.  Does anyone know about these?  Even 250k might work. 

Thanks,
Zach

Mark F

You could try Percyaudio.com They may have it. If I recall they had motorized pots a while back I'm not sure of the values. I haven't been to that site in quite some time. Hope that helps.

zach

Looks like they only carry up to 100k motorized in Panasonic and TDK, both of which are so expensive I can't imagine using them in a saleable product. 

theundeadelvis

If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

zach

Jeez, you think I could have found potentiometers.com on google.  Thanks!

I should mention that I'm fine with a fader as well, since this will be inside an enclosure.  I'm sure there must be inexpensive motorized faders available in all sorts of resistances for use in mixing desks. 

zach

Alright, so I'm getting more into the idea of using a fader (I was going to keep the pot hidden inside the enclosure, but now I think it'd be cool to have the fader as part of the interface) and I think I'm much more likely to find motorized ones in the resistance I need.  Any sources for those?

Thanks,
Zach

theundeadelvis

If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.