Echodeck - Quad PT2399 delay/reverb/chorus

Started by ~arph, July 23, 2010, 03:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_tokai

Need to resurrect this thread ;)
It was too good to let it die.

Any word on a 'final' schematic and/or board layout???

~arph

Not a single word sadly.. It's been collecting dust ever since I started on improving the button interface.  :-X about a year ago.. I will get around to it someday..

blue_tokai

Quote from: ~arph on March 04, 2013, 09:17:55 AM
Not a single word sadly.. It's been collecting dust ever since I started on improving the button interface.  :-X about a year ago.. I will get around to it someday..

awwww..... lol
Well thats fine then. I was hoping to save myself alot of work

nmbb

Is there anybody out there...?

Hope this thread doesn't die ???

Hope to see pcb layout/schematics/connections etc!

By the way Arnoud, is it possible for you to share the code of arduino? I'm trying some stuff also!

~arph

I'm here, it's still collecting dust.  :(  I'll see if I can find the code, I was in the middle of changing it btw.

mth5044

~arph

Wow, so are you going to finish in time?

mth5044

Nope. I haven't ordered an enclosure yet (I'm going to put it in one of Hammond's slopped enclosures), which I then need to send off somewhere to get drilled since I don't have the means here (especially the square holes). I also want to get a panel made for the front. In the midst of all that... trouble shooting  :icon_lol:

Plus the new job, moving/new car, I just don't think it is possible.

BUT IT WILL GET DONE

ThePastRecedes

Wow this looks great! I don't know if you seen it but OSHpark now offers a sharing service so others could order your PCB design. It would be great if something like that could be worked out!

Thanks!

nmbb

Well, being on holidays give-me a few extra minutes per day (eheheh) to play around electronics, at moment I'm trying to develop a simple circuit switching for the heads, with possibility off having a few presets.

My ideia: Use a rotary switch with 12 positions (like the original unit) to have head selection, and four (for example) tiny push buttons, to memorize each one the relative position of the switch; for instance, I select position 1 of the switch, wich is head 1 only, and press button 1 to store that. then I choose position 5 (perhaps head 1 and 4) and then press button 2 to store that...

If during the preset (Lets use 1) I change the switch it overrides the preset and imediately chooses the position of the button. If I didn't memorize that, when I use preset 1 again, it returns for the memorized position (even it's position 1 of the selector, and the selector itself is in 12)

What you guys think on this ideia? It may take more space, but i'm pretending to put the unit in a big box, not so big as the original, but more likelly, rackmount and controlled by footswitch.

mth5044

Makes sense, I think.. but is it really that much easier to setup the four button presets than it is to push a few buttons without presets? I'm kind of waffling right now on the switching as well. I like the soft touch buttons that ~arph used, but as I play with them more, they seem to be less reliable. Sometimes the connection doesn't make.

SO, I'm thinking about biting the bullet and going with 4x2 array of  'Angel Switches'  :icon_mrgreen:

snarblinge

Excuse my ignorance but what is an angel switch?
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

mth5044

I guess they are called Angel Eye switches.. I haven't had a lot of time to think about them, but I was considering the repeat switches being blue and the regeneration switches red or white. The light up so nice.

Govmnt_Lacky

@Matthew

Just so you know... these are called "Anti Vandal Switches"

I have several of them with the DPDT switch built in and quite a few different color LEDs. Initially I thought they would be good DPDT switches however, they are VERY long and will not work reasonably in any 1590Bs or BBs.

They barely fit in a 125B  :icon_eek:

They are pretty cool though. Be sure to get the ones that have the plunger slightly raised above the outer ring otherwise you have to mash your finger in there to actuate them.  ;)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Lurco

something on this page takes ages to load. Cannot be arph`s almost half megabyte avatar alone?

Mac Walker

Stumbled across this, thought it would be an interesting read for those following this thread.....

http://gearphoria.com/e-mag/v1n2/#/38/

nmbb

No schematics yet? :( Still didn't get how to make the switching for the "heads" and "feedback heads".

snarblinge

could the switching be done with toggles? how many contacts are required?
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

~arph

Yes, while it was on breadboard I used eight spdt switches in place of the push buttons