Struggling with a Blender

Started by jkokura, July 24, 2010, 08:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

I've built the Mini-Blender on Perf as found here: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=57749.0

I used the 2N5952 for it, and didn't understand why it wasn't working right - so I went and checked the Pinout of the 5952 vs the 5457 and found out it was backwards. So I adjusted it, but now I'm getting absolutely no effect. It's like there's no blending going on at all - just the loop at all times. The pot has no effect whatsoever. Actually, I removed power from the circuit and it didn't have any affect on the effect at all. So to recap - All I'm getting is the looped signal at all times, no matter what the pot position or power

So I'm thinking it could be one of several things - either I fried the Transistor, I have it wired wrong, or the pot's no good. Someone says in the thread that they got it to work, but I worked on this all afternoon - no luck...

Anyone have any ideas?

jkokura

geertjacobs

Did you copy the jack wiring from the picture?

See lower in the thread...
Quotethe jacks are wired to the sleeves.  they should go to the blue lug.  just so people don't run into an obvious problem...

jkokura

I did solder the wires correctly. I rechecked them. But thanks for the suggestion, as it could be an obvious mistake one could make. Any other ideas?

Jacob

geertjacobs