LES CHIENS CHAUDS (octave, synthlike.. )

Started by FUZZZZzzzz, July 28, 2010, 05:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUZZZZzzzz

i think it's time for something new. especially for all your experimental 1st time builders ;)
it's a real knobtwister. you can find a lot of warm fuzz, octave, synthlike stuff etc..

enjoy!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
"If I could make noise with anything, I was going to"

frequencycentral

"The dog's bollocks"? If I recall my childhood french lessons correctly.....
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

FUZZZZzzzz

FUZZZZzzzz

i seem to be getting a lot of bad ass synth sounds.. i will record a sample tomorrow.. my neighbours are finally asleep after my hours of sustain experimenting in front of my cats.

caspercody

FUZZZZzzzz

it seems ok to me.. ( i'm looking at it in a 90degrees angle ;)).. pot 2 lugs seem backwards.. but maybe my layout is backwards.. i am terrible with pots

solarplexus

les chiens chauds?  Pourquoi pas les saucissons?  :icon_lol:
DIY Poser.

Mark Hammer

I had heard that the origins of "hot dog" had nothing to do with dogs, but rather it was an English/British corruption of the French term "haute doge", pertaining to the more refined and finely minced saucisse prepared for nobility.  Consequently, the literal translation as "dogs" (chiens) in a heated condition (chaudes) is quite a ways from the more dignified origins.

In Montreal, they are known as "steamés" (itself a French corruption of an English term....REVENGE!!) because they are steamed for the mode of preparation.

FUZZZZzzzz

there ya go: http://www.mediafire.com/?7u15c4bbnnr7qbr

soundsample recorded straight into logic with no fx whatsoever

LucifersTrip

Quote from: FUZZZZzzzz on August 02, 2010, 08:05:12 AM
there ya go: http://www.mediafire.com/?7u15c4bbnnr7qbr

soundsample recorded straight into logic with no fx whatsoever

sounds great! ....Tho, I get can't get anything close to that sound yet. Is the schematic definitely correct?  For me, the 100k barely does anything, then clips when the resistance gets low. As I turn in one direction, the 25K starts gated, then cleans up into a mild bass-y fuzz then smoothens out with less fuzz towards the end of the turn.

I tried lowering both resistors one at a time with not much effect...I raised and lowered c2 by powers of 10.  It barely does anything lowering it ...and raising it started to clip the sound. I also raised c1 with no luck either.   Since I quickly soldered it together, I haven't unsoldered joints so I can raise the 2 resistors and lower c1.

any suggestions on how to get a little more treble & fuzz..

btw, I made it to spec except I have a .062 and .005 cap in parallel for c1

thanx
always think outside the box

FUZZZZzzzz

the pedal design in this one is based on simple trial and error with stuff i had laying around the house.
its a very unpredictable design and you could probably work with different pot sizes and such to adjust it to
your personal taste.

Derringer

LucifersTrip

Quote from: FUZZZZzzzz on August 12, 2010, 08:39:12 AM
the pedal design in this one is based on simple trial and error with stuff i had laying around the house.
its a very unpredictable design and you could probably work with different pot sizes and such to adjust it to
your personal taste.

As I wrote above, I already tried everything except raising the resistors & lowering the one cap...I'll de-solder them and try that...

FUZZZZzzzz

FUZZZZzzzz

sorry dude.. i read it all wrong. ill check my board when im home, but im pretty positive i've build it 100% according tot the layout

Quote from: LucifersTrip on August 12, 2010, 04:14:29 PM
your personal taste.

As I wrote above, I already tried everything except raising the resistors & lowering the one cap...I'll de-solder them and try that...

LucifersTrip

Quote from: FUZZZZzzzz on August 13, 2010, 01:03:29 PM
sorry dude.. i read it all wrong. ill check my board when im home, but im pretty positive i've build it 100% according tot the layout

Quote from: LucifersTrip on August 12, 2010, 04:14:29 PM
your personal taste.

sounds cool...thanx for checking. I'll have fun either way trying to tweak the remaining components.